Chapter 13: The Eye And A Talk

Hi everyone, 

Thank you to those who have read and commented on this story, I hope you will enjoy this as well! XD

_______________________________________________

Lily shivers as the wind howled while the snow blew right onto her, trust Silver to steal the eye when there was a blizzard going about. She hugged her arms as she looked around and began to walk slowly. Thankfully Mizuki had provided her with a cloak a while ago but she was still cold. At that moment Lily regretted wearing a long two layered white dress that went up to her lower legs and white flats. She looked like a snow maiden spirit and she hated the fact that looked so pale to make anything that she was a ghost. The wind and snow nipped at her skin leaving her to want to curl up into a ball and hide from the cold but she couldn't. Lily had a job to do and that was to find the eye. Lily looked up to see foxfire that definitely belonged to Silver and ran without knowing what was up ahead. Lily as soon as she reached the ocean gasped and froze in horror, Silver was definitely at the ocean but he had long hair however that wasn't what terrified her. It was the fact that he was covered in blood that shook her to her core. Was she too late to stop him?

Silver wore a black flamed red yukata and shivered from the cold, Lily was mildly surprised at how his expression was different compared to when she saw him in the parallel time. But what changed? Why did he look so scared? Desperate even?

"Silver return the Dragon King's eye at once!" yelled a few sea creatures. Silver grimaced as he held the eye; no he was so close to healing Umi. He was not going to give Ryuu-ou the satisfaction, he had to get back before he lost both Umi and her baby. His eyes narrowed at them.

"Don't you idiots get the message? If Sapphia's descendent dies then there will be anarchy! Your homes will dry up leaving you all as good as dead! I'm sure you are wiser than that pathetic man you call a king!" Silver sneered at them. The creatures screamed and hissed at his insults regardless of who he was doing it for.

"You will pay for this!" they yelled before charging at him, Silver sighs before using his foxfire as a barrier and burned them to death. Lily cringed at how tentacles and other body parts were severed by the fire and landed in heavy heaps. Silver looks at them solemnly as he sees their dead forms.

"Forgive me but I have a job to do and Umi has been left unattended for far too long-" Silver says softly before turning to the direction of where Lily was. He froze and was rooted to the spot from seeing her. The girl's hair whipped around her as she stared transfixed at his appearance. Regardless of the fact that he was covered in blood, she felt sadness and guilty for what he was doing. He was only trying to protect Umi for Lily's sake and it left her feeling sick to her stomach. Why bother with protecting a family that was not even a part of his? As much as she wanted her family to live she didn't want him feeling like he had to protect her family without him having a life of his own. Didn't he want to do something other than protect Umi or her?

Silver's mouth parted in shock from her appearance, she looked exactly like Umi to his surprise. But that wasn't possible Umi was at home waiting for him- wait Umi!

Silver cursed at how he was distracted by this illusion that he had forgotten all about Umi. He summoned his fire chariot and jumped on it knowing that he had a small window left now thanks for his carelessness.

"H-Hey wait!" Lily cried as she ran after him, she stopped at he was now too far away leaving her to bit her lip in anger. How was she going to get to him now?

She took a deep breath and tried to think, however it was then that her body gained a mind of its own and started to run to her surprise instead of fighting it she allowed herself to run even more until she jumped. Instead of landing on the ground from that jump she was now going higher and higher to her shock. It was when she turned to look behind her did she then notice a pair of white wings that made her almost scream in shock and almost broke her pace. However now wasn't the time to get distracted, she had to chase after Silver now so she continued to fly faster by beating her wings harder. She slowed down once she saw him finally go down until he reached a small hut; Lily was no stranger to that hut. It was the hut she visited in the parallel time era.