Chapter 17- Silver Serves His Time

Silver watched Lily as she slept with eyes filled with worry and yet they held adoration from watching her sleep. It was shocking to know that so much had happened once Lily had departed from Yomi.

Past

"What is she to you?" Asked Kirihito leaving Silver blinking in shock as he looks at him. Not knowing why it was any of this human's business. However there was no doubt in his voice as he responded

"She's my wife, in more ways than one" This took Kirihito by surprise at how firm his answer was before his eyes narrowed slightly at him. Silver smiled softly as he remembered the times he had with her when he was human to when he met her again, only she was a young child who wouldn't have remembered it but he still treasured those moments with her no matter how small they were. Lily who was listening as she spoke to her grandmother had froze and gasped from his words.

"We had our ups and downs, but that's what a relationship is" Silver replied with a smile, "to be there for the other and to love them unconditionally. She saved me not once but twice, even when I was at my lowest. She never gave up on me" Silver explained before looking up.

"I had lost a brother back in the past, but then we drifted apart just because of a misunderstanding" Kirihito's eyes went wide as shock entered his system, after all he hardly saw that expression coming from his brother.

"But I couldn't let her get hurt in any way, she is the love of my life and knew me before and after I saw her, it was thanks to an event that drove us apart before we even knew what hit us. But in truth she's my past, present and future and I would never hesitate to put my life on the line for her, no matter what the cost" Silver's voice was stern and filled with determination that had left the male human seething mentally in rage. So that's it? He was just a substitute until she came along?! The mere thought had left him disgusted at this fox he had once called a yōkai, maybe once he gets his body back he'll force Silver to watch him as he slowly drained the life out Lily bit by bit. Watching Silver's helpless broke eyes would be satisfying given what he had gone through no thanks to him.

Silver's eyes went sad however did leave Kirihito to blink and look at him now wondering what he was up to.

"I could never replace the one who cared me, no matter what I do care for my brother and hope that one day he'll realise what it means to be happy as well. But sadly he is dead and I cannot change that" Silver said as he shook his head from how sad and guilty he was from the whole thing

"However I can still make sure that I will not lose whatever people I have left in this world" Silver said softly as he folded his arms.

"Lily unlike my brother knew more about my past than he would ever know and if he did find out my secret..." Silver paused and sighed deeply leaving Kirihito confused "I do wonder if he would still see me as a brother" was all Silver said.

"Do you truly mean that?" Lily asks causing Silver to turn and face Lily who was smiling softly at him, Silver in turn smiled back.

"Every word Lily, I do love you no matter what" Silver said as he held her hands. "I won't ask you to marry me since I know we'll still need to work on things, but I know for sure that I do want to spend the rest of my life with you" Silver replied softly as he held her hands gently so he didn't hurt the girl that he loved.

Lily as she listened smiled before taking one hand out his grasp, she then put her hand to her pocket leaving him confused as to what she was doing, once her hand was out did his eyes go wide in shock. That was his mother's bangle!

Silver gasped allowing his breath to shudder at how she could have had that in her possession given that she made him take it back, he watched her as she placed it in her left hand so she could slip her hand through the object allowing it to rest on her right wrist.