Chapter 30 - How much would you sacrifice?

Continuing from the previous chapter

_________________________________________

"Ami, I'm sorry that I had roped you into this situation" Lily said as she placed her hand on the glass, her eyes filled with sadness. "I promise once this is over I'll explain everything okay?" Lily smiled softly before leaving her friend behind.

Right now she had one thing in mind and that was to get the robe of feathers.

"Lily..." Ami stared at Lily with sad eyes, just seeing Lily looking distraught and angry left the captured girl wanting to cry.

_________________________________________

Lily used her powers to surround herself in a water barrier, her mind was focused on two thing get the robes and kill the weasel who stole them. She jumped out the water and lands on top of a rock, she then looks at the presence near her and glares at the person who wore a mask.

"Where is that guy? Tell me now so I can kill him!" Lily spat darkly, the shikigami said nothing but looked at her "That... that jerk has caused my friend to be taken hostage by Unari so where is he?" She growled. Very soon the shikigami moved and showed her the robes Kirihito had stolen.

"I need your help" he said before staggering slightly. Lily used her power to keep him steady.

"Talk, now!" Lily's eyes turned sapphire blue causing him to gulp.

"I am a shikigami that was created by Master Kirihito, if my master dies I will be gone as well" the male explained as he looked at her furious look. "Master Kirihito is getting weak and if this goes on, he will die. He mentioned that he recovered from absorbing your life energy" Lily stares at him coldly, not liking where this was heading.

"If you promise to hand over all-"

"Not ALL! Some of it" Lily snapped as she glares at him "You may not know this but I am planning to marry your master's brother and I don't think Silver would take kindly to having his mate die so suddenly" Lily said darkly. "If I give him SOME, will you hand over the robes?" Lily asked as she stares at him. The shikigami looked down before nodding.

"Deal"

_________________________________________

Lily after sending Yatori flying approached the cabin. The place was barren and the only thing she could sense was Kirihito who was dying just like Kikuichi had said.

Once she entered the room, she glared at his weakened form.

"I should hurt you for what you've done" Lily said darkly as he panted from being in pain, he looked using as much strength as he could "My friend has been held hostage! You have made so many people upset and angry with your selfish desires Akura-ou" Lily spat as she went closer. Kirihito just looked at her and made no move to talk.

"Did you not learn from your mistakes?" Lily asks as she places a cup filled with water near his mouth. "Drink idiot and maybe after this mess you'll learn better than to steal again" Lily said as she made him drink the water. "You don't need life energy, this mermaid's curse is hurting you and as a result you'll be greedy" Lily commented as she saw him choke a bit.

"Swallow" Lily ordered as she stared at him coldly before putting the rim of the cup down.

"If... you want to hurt me then why are you not doing it?" he asked coldly, Lily stares at him.

"Watching you squirm is enough" she replied as she watches him cough and pant from how bad the pain was getting. "You don't want to die yet? Why? It's you want your body back, your own skin but this? Haven't you learned anything as a human? How low do you have to sink before you truly are happy Akura-ou?" Lily asked weakly. He looks at her with unreadable before forcing her close enough to kiss her. Lily cried out in shock as his grip strengthened on her arm only the pain from his hands were the least of her worries. Something was wrong and it left her in a state of panic, her chest started to rise up and down rapidly from how scared and panicked she was before the drained female was sent to the floor. As Lily laid on the floor she could almost feel two frail life auras crying out in pain, but how could that be? It was just her and Kirihito... wasn't there?