Chapter 19- Why you shouldn't make a girl mad!

Hello everyone I hope you enjoyed the previous chapter and are wondering what's going to happen once they reach the mountain.

Word of warning- I am not promoting a game, Silver does act up in this chapter and a few characters are going to get really going to get into trouble and make someone mad O.O'

Ps Can anyone guess who this picture is meant to resemble? XD

___________________________________________

"So what are we going to do once we enter your home?" Lily asked after they landed, it seemed nice but she also sensed unease as she kept near Silver who held her hand. Shinjirou stayed close to them and Botanmaru.

"It's not too far, but this is sacred land. The cedar tree at the fork in the road ahead binds the residence, walk forward and you can enter our mountain" Botanmaru replied as he looked at them, Lily nods showing that she understands. Essy looked up at Lily as he sits on her right shoulder, his eyes showed that he was curious about what was going on and sneezed to her surprise.

"Ah, but why is it so tense here? Is that the miasma?" Lily asked as they walked forward.

"I think so, it's stifling here Lily so be careful" Silver said while Shinjirou was lost in thought. "If you accidently step off the path you could get trapped in the forest due to how it's distorting the area around us" Lily sighs as she keeps on the path.

"The atmosphere has gotten dark" Shinjirou commented as he looked at Botanmaru.

"It's because the Soujoubou has gotten ill Master Shinjirou, the miasma has caused everything to get sick until death claims it" Botanmaru said as he looks ahead "If only he gets well soon, I hope things will get back to normal and some day..." he looks at Shinjirou "Master Shinjirou will become the fourth chief"

Shinjirou blinks before biting the inside of his lip, he didn't want to be the chief. He had people who he cared about in the lower world and if he stayed, then he'd rarely be able to go back and visit. He was never going to be accepted in their eyes. It also reminded him of how he said to his older brother that he hoped that he would be the fourth chief even though he was the third chief's son, just thinking about it left him wanting to turn and look at Lily knowing that she would have a way of helping him with this issue that never seemed to fade away only-

"Where is she?" Shinjirou noticed that Lily and Silver were no longer behind them.

"They must have gotten lost" the young tengu replied as he looked at Shinjirou.

___________________________________________

Lily stared at Shinjirou with a frown.

"Wow... and you said that you were immune to illusions I create... that is just bad" Lily said with a sigh as she shook her head.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" he yelled at her "YOU GOT LOST AND THAT STOPPED THE BARRIER FROM BEING NEAR ME!"

"So wait you want me to baby you?" Lily asked as she tilted her head to the side, even Silver was shocked by how Shinjirou was acting.

"N-No!" Shinjirou turned to the side, Lily sensing why he was like this smiled and patted his back.

"It's alright, you're fine now" she grins causing him to look at her with startled eyes before covering his face for a bit. "It was not your fault"

"Sometimes... I can't help but think that" he murmured before going to a door.

"This is the Tengu mansion" said Botanmaru as they all looked at it.