Chapter 12: Ocean Complaints

Hi everyone sorry for the delay, had a massive writers block but hopefully you'll like this chapter.

_____________________________________________________________________

"So what do you want to know?" Silver asks as he sits at the kitchen table, sitting opposite was Lily who was giving him a pensive look.

"How about starting from the beginning, that way there will be no confusion as you start" Lily suggested as she looks at him. Silver nods.

"Okay, that sounds simple enough" Silver replies softly, he hugs his arms as he rests them on the table. Silver began to tell his tale of how he woke up with no memory, he spoke of how he meet Mikage who had taken him in and raised him as his own to when he had suffered memory loss from the landslide. This left Lily pursing her lips in anger but kept her face straight in order to prevent him from stopping, he had spoke of how he met a demon named Akura-ou who had took him down a dark path that he had immediately regretted turning to, however he could never shake off the sadness that came from the demon he befriended given what they had both been through. Silver sighs loudly as he places his hand on the side of his head, Lily then silently placed her hand on his right hand that rested on the table and smiled softly. Encouraging him to speak more and more until gradually everything began to leave his lips. He spoke of the places he did go, some he secretly didn't bother and hadn't mentioned to his brother. After all some part of him hated creating blood shed and violence but was so shrouded by fear and resentment for feeling like he had to and hurt the deities badly by hurting the humans, he had wanted to escape but always found his way back to being in the never ending darkness until he was saved by Lily. He spoke about how he remembered briefly meeting someone who looked like Lily who had given him a dark look leaving him laughing, he mentioned about the yukata she destroyed by making his blood stain the clothing but commented about how she left a strong impression on him.

"You showed me that you didn't have to be a yōkai or a man to stand up for yourself, and you weren't afraid to give me what's what" Silver commented leaving her to nod sharply.

"Someone has to knock some sense back into you" Lily says bluntly and that he did not complain about. Instead he smiled and was about to lean forward to kiss her, only he froze as he remembered the promise. Leaning back he then continues his story about how he had to kill his brother after recovering from his injuries, that way he would never come anywhere near Lily. Still Lily was confused for she didn't save him at all, even he was puzzled but was definitely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that the one who saved him was definitely Lily. Nothing would change his mind on that, for that Lily did not argue.

Silver spoke about how he ended up back at the shrine and saw Mikage who was curious as to why he was at the shrine to begin with. The man had been kind enough to let him stay to help him find out who Mikage was in exchange for finding out who's the hairband was in his possession. It took Silver a while but he had been able to remember the man who took him in, as promised Silver was told that Lily had not been born yet and had to wait five hundred years until she was born. Silver was not happy about this but as long as he had Lily's hairband he would tolerate it, that was until Mikage offered him a drink during the first night of his official stay. Only that had been a mistake for the next day Silver was horrified to find out that he had been made a familiar, when a drunk Mikage slipped badly from the floor and ended up kissing the drunk fox who in turn had fallen asleep before he knew what was going on. Silver during that time had been screaming and cursing the man regardless of whether the kiss was an accident or not. Even Lily's face was red from what he was commenting about before a laugh escaped her mouth, Silver on the other hand was scowling.

"Yeah Yeah laugh it up" Silver mutters darkly as he bites the inside of his bottom lip Silver then spoke about his time at the shrine to meeting a strict Serena who accepted him. Silver had spoken about a woman named Umi who had lost her husband and was pregnant, it had got to the point that both Serena and Mikage had assigned him to watch her until the birth which in fact had been a total nightmare and completely nerve wrecking. As a lot of demons kept coming, some in swarms, some alone and some were sneaky enough to attack when they were sleeping. At times Silver had almost died but ended up injured as a result to Lily's dismay. He smiled at when the baby had been finally been born safely leaving him relieved to know that his assignment was successful, but he was shocked to find out that Umi had been in fact Lily's ancestor leaving him more relieved and happy to know that he had been the one to save and allow Lily's family to live. Silver had spoken about how Umi left with her thanks which ended him going back to the shrine to work the rest of the time, he spoke angrily about Mizuki who had always had it out for him, always causing problems. Blaming him and left Silver in so much trouble as a result. Lily sighs at this knowing that Mizuki was young and hadn't been disciplined or taught properly on how to treat people or yōkai the way they needed to be treated. Hopefully she would be able to help him get along with the red head before it was too late.