Chapter 9: Sick days and hiding problems Part 1 >.<'

Hi everyone I know I'm posting this early and some will be excited but you won't be once you read the bottom XD

Have fun with the chapter for there will be a series of twists in this :)

It was another day at the shrine; only this time there was the new arrival from the night before Princess Himemiko's tea party, Luca Lily's nephew. Then she had to deal with Silver who had been enduring his first the Full Moon Week, although it had been a relief that he had his hair cut three days after the event. Which in itself was a disaster waiting to happen. However now that things have settled back into perfect order well as perfect as things could get, the shrine had became either slightly lively or noisy. Not that she was complaining.

Lily sniffled as she rubbed her nose with her sleeve; once again a fever had struck leaving her dizzy and tired. She could feel her bones screaming from moving and stretching but Lily was determined to get to college no matter what. After all there was nothing to do at home except sleeping- wait home? Lily looked around as she took in her surroundings and smiled slightly. Yeah, this place was definitely growing on her and it was more than just a shrine that people went to in order to pray. This was a shrine that housed a family no matter how dysfunctional they were being. Why because in the end everyone had the other one's back. Just like last night when Luca gave Silver and Lily some alone time to speak despite the fact that Mizuki was protesting to the idea, even though it didn't end well slightly. It was something though.

Lily rubbed her tired eyes as the illness continued to enter her body and take over leaving her run down and sluggish. On cue she spotted Silver enter the kitchen and noticed her looking like she was forcing her eyes open to his surprise. Immediately he made a b line towards Lily in order to check up on her. Lily then jolted as a cool hand touched her head before slumping, she didn't even have it in her to complain as she saw Silver's haori sleeve. The red headed fox was hugging Lily while her back was to him as he felt her head.

"Lily... you're burning up" Silver commented before releasing his hold and moved to her side, he knelt down on one knee in order to assess her. Silver clicked his tongue as he saw her eyes had gone droopy from the fever. Lily whined as she pushed him away slightly.

"M'not!" Lily mutters as she gets up only to have Silver push her back down on to her chair. Lily could feel that her face and forehead had begun to burn more than usual. Sleep was starting to become more appealing for the ill teen but resisted the urge to Silver's confusion.

"Lily you are burning up for goodness sake, you need to go back to sleep" Silver said almost scolding Lily as he picked her up so she was now on his left shoulder. Lily whined for a bit as he carried her, almost ignoring the stares from the other inhabitants as Silver walked on.

"I have college" Lily cried feebly as he placed her back onto her futon, Silver sighed before kissing her forehead, almost wincing at how hot her head was. She needed medicine soon and it also meant that she couldn't leave the shrine anytime soon. He watched her squirm in the bed and glared at him.

"Isn't there some way for me to get the notes from college?" Lily asked weakly as she looked at him. Her hair scattered around her like a curtain, just seeing that made Silver's heart beat quickly as he watched her. He stroked her forehead in order to coax her to sleep but it wasn't working well.

As much as sleep did sound appealing to Lily, she couldn't knowing that she had a deadline soon, so slacking off was not an option.

"Lily, sleep now" Silver said softly. Lily glared weakly before looking away. Seeing this made Silver's ears pin themselves to his skull from how upset she was, if it was the weekends he would have taken the time to look after her but sadly it was a college day instead which was bad.