Chapter 23 - The Day I Met Her

Beware the angry kitsune... he bites! O.O

______________________________________________

Two human male heads were severed from their bodies before they collapsed. A red haired oni who is sitting with a silk haori over him smiles in awe from seeing a red haired fox with long hair that went up to his knees, his eyes are wild and are venomous from restrained anger. He wore a dark blue yukata with reddish black flames while over his yukata was a black haori with red flames, on his feet were white tabi and zōri.

"Brother you are here!" the oni says with glee before his brother turns to look at him, his eyes still wild and angry which left the oni blinking with an eager smile.

"Brother..." the fox said coldly as he sees a blue silk haori which contained a floral design being worn by the oni. "DID YOU JUST STEAL MY CLOTHES AGAIN AKURA-OU?!" the fox roared in anger.

"What's the big deal Silver? You have so many clothes" Akura-ou pouted "Besides you're ruining my game of siege"

"YOUR BODY MIGHT BE IMMUNE TO INJURY BUT MY CLOTHES ARE NOT! THIS IS EXPENSIVE DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW LONG I HAD TO WAIT FOR THIS TO BE MADE?!" Silver bellowed in anger "UGH!" the red haired fox carefully snatched it off his brother who was frowning "honestly no matter how many times I tell you not to take my stuff you always do it" Silver muttered before putting it on.

"It gives of a princely feeling brother, besides having an elegant comrade isn't all that bad you know brother" Akura-ou said as he stared at his brother's thunderous look. Silver then glares at the yōkai that are standing near.

"And who invited the useless pests?" Silver asks in a monotone voice knowing that he could kill them with one blow.

"They say that they want to become the servants of Akura-ou" The oni replied while Silver glares at every last one of the low level yōkais.

"Great... just don't go stealing or bothering me again" Silver mutters as he goes past the yōkai that have just become his brother's servants, his eyes go to a fur ball yōkai that was wearing a hat. Just seeing that yōkai made Silver cringe in disgust.

"You stink for someone so lower level" Silver said darkly "Stay away from me and if I find that you've bothered my I'll kill you myself without having to raise a hand" Silver warned, just hearing that threat made the fur ball yōkai gulp slightly as sweat started to run down his neck.

Silver then turned towards a yōkai that was a wolf yōkai who wore human teeth around his wrists and glared before setting the now screaming yōkai on fire. This left everyone startled or annoyed.

"What was that for brother?" Akura-ou asked with a pout, the other yōkai were in a state of panic when small lower level female cat yōkai that was being used for Akura-ou's pleasures had now been slit in half from the head down causing her to slump onto the floor.

"I don't tolerate traitors" Silver turned to give Akura-ou a cold look that left him surprised "He was giving information to those stupid higher ups in Izumo and she was his rat" Silver scowled as he continued to look at his brother. This took Akura-ou by surprise which was something that didn't surprise Silver, who in turn sighed and turned his head.

"It shows how little you pay attention, you're so obsessed with fighting that you can't even tell an enemy is nearby" Silver said in a dull voice before walking away.

"H-Hey where are you going?" Akura-ou asked as Silver slid his sword back into its sheath and now took out a decorative pink and brown fan, long before his brother would make fun of him for having a pink floral fan but there was something about this fan. How it had strange flowers called something Silver briefly remembered as lilies, just seeing that in one of the yōkai world's stalls had made him want to grab it. The red head did not know why but he always kept it close and had even kept it under the pillow just in case he got annoyed. During the nights when he slept with the fan under the pillow or in his hands, he would get dreams of a face less person who at times would be both face and bodiless. Silver was unsure of who this person was, the voice was so jumbled and he wasn't sure if it was a girl or boy but what he did know was that it pushed the bad dreams away to his relief. Maybe the fan had a spell to block out the bad dreams he didn't know but he was thankful so when his brother would make fun of him, Akura-ou would then be rewarded with the most coldest death glare that would make the oni shake for a bit until Silver had his back turned.