Chapter 32 - How Could I Be So Blind?

Hi everyone here's another chapter

___________________________________________

Silver the next day was quiet and brooding before he confronted his adopted father.

"How do I change back?" Silver asked his father figure this caused Mikage to look at him. "Please tell me there's a way to change back?" Silver pleaded before the blond haired man sighed.

"I don't know, we'll have to see Ootokunishi and see if he can help" Mikage said before patting Silver's head. He also noticed that Silver was more quiet and somber than usual to the point that he would not look at Lily at all.

"I assume that you know why she refuses?" Mikage asked as he looks at the red fox, Silver looks at him weakly before looking down.

"I... I don't want to be a father... why did this have to happen?" he asked weakly causing the man to smile.

"She loves you Silver, she loves you enough to trust you with her. Why is having a baby that is part you and part her?"

"She's having twins Mikage! I doubt that I'll be able to cope with it" Silver scowled. "How long has she known?" Silver barked as he looked at his father figure who smiled softly.

"A week or two ago" This made Silver's eyes go wide in shock.

"And how far along is she?!" Silver asked now looking stunned and horrified by this news, seeing this made Mikage smile softly.

"She's about three months pregnant" Mikage replied softly, however hearing this made Silver sick to his stomach. All this time and they never knew. How could they have not noticed the signs?

"Whether you want to be a father or not, Lily needs you" Mikage said with a light smile. "Besides who's to say that you'll end up like him? You have proved to me time and time and again that you are different"

"It doesn't matter what you say!" Silver hissed "a part of him is still in there! Inside me no matter how hard I try to push it away and once those babies are born, I know that I'll lash out once things get tough" Silver spat coldly, seeing this made Mikage sigh.

"And you wonder why Lily never told you?" Silver looked up sharply. "She was this close to leaving so you wouldn't feel like you were obligated to help or be with her because you would feel forced into something you don't want" Mikage added causing Silver to look down feeling nothing but guilt and resentment.

"Did she not know how I would take that?" Silver asked darkly.

"She did and that's why it hurt Lily more than you'll ever know, she didn't want to think about leaving but if it meant that you would not feel the pain of you past then she would risk it. Besides even if you had her try and abort the babies, it's too late due to how far along but I must ask you though Silver" Mikage's words made Silver look up "Would you really want to murder the two lives that were created by yours and Lily's hands?" This left Silver blinking before a weak look appeared his face, could he really do that to her and to them? Would he then be able to look at Lily for wanting to be human so badly that he would sacrifice two lives in the process? Somehow he knew deep down that it wasn't just the twins it would be their relationship that would crumble to the point that Lily might not want anything to do with him. The thought of losing her again left him too sick and scared to imagine.

___________________________________________

"I'm sorry" Lily looked up from her bed to see Silver looking down with a guilt expression, his ears and tail were down showing that he was being honest. Instead of talking, Lily had turned her head and got out of bed. She almost hissed from the chill but kept her emotions in check. She was not going to bow down and let him treat her like he was doing just because he made the mistake of going behind her back, regardless of his reasons she was not going to have it anymore. If anything Lily was this close to allowing that whore who tried to kill her have Silver and once is out of her life would Lily then pack up her stuff and leave. Only this time she'll remain hidden for good. Her twins did not need the stress and neither did she.