Chapter 28 - I'm home

Anyone anticipating what will happen when she comes back? Wait no more :)

_____________________________________________

Lily sighs as she looks at her reflection near the water. The mark was still there to her shock, so did that mean that time hadn't changed at all?

Without wasting time she rushed up the stairs to the shrine and looked round the area in hopes of seeing Silver once more.

"Lord Mikage?" came a voice that Lily recognized- Oishi.

"Where have you been Mikage?" A voice she knew as Dai entered her ears before turning to see large foxfires blocking her exit. On instinct she entered the shrine and looked round for anyone she recognized, to her surprise she couldn't sense Mikage, Mizuki, Luca or anyone except Silver and the spirits.

"Lord Mikage?" came a voice that left Lily's heart skipping a beat. It was Silver but why? Why was he calling her Mikage? Did he not recognize her or something?

"Where have you been Lord Mikage? It's been twenty years in fact" Silver said while he had foxfires on both sides of him, his hair was also short meaning that he had cut it. She blinked in shock when she realised something, if Mikage had been missing for twenty years...oh no THE CLONE!

"Twenty years and not one single means of communication" Silver said before turning his head to face her. "DO YOU KNOW HOW ANGRY I AM FROM YOU HAVING TO PULL THAT STUNT ON ME?!" Silver roared as he charged at her with his claws. Lily however had folded her arms and glared at him until he stopped once he was inches from her.

"Huh? Wait you're not Mikage!" Silver thought to himself.

"Are you done now?" Lily asked bluntly as she glared at him with a peeved off look. Silver immediately recomposed himself before getting his fan that had lilies on it.

"Oi Brats! I'm this isn't Lord Mikage you got the wrong one!" Silver barks before Oishi and Dai appear.

"But that's impossible I can see the land mark on her head" Oishi cried as he showed the glow on her head, Silver however scowls at them.

"But it doesn't mean that it is him, it's not like Mikage would die and end up being a girl since that would just be plain stupid" he muttered before glaring at Lily who glared right back. So this is what Silver would be like if he didn't know her. However she was shocked that he would have such a... feminine fan on his persons, she also did notice the string around his neck as in fact part of her necklace so did that mean he had lost his memories of her at some point from Mikage or her?

"But surely if she has the mark it means that she's the new Land God chosen by Mikage himself right?" Dai asked with curious eyes.

"And why are you even here human?" Silver asked darkly as he leaned closer to Lily causing her to narrow her eyes.

"Mind moving back a few spaces? I don't like having my boundaries invaded" Lily asked coldly, Silver twitched in anger before moving back. "Second I have this mark because Mikage had told me that he's retiring and had me take over" Lily replied with a frown. Silver wasn't convinced nor was he happy.

"And he's never coming back you say?" Silver asked in a bored tone as he snapped his fan shut.

"That's right!" Lily nodded showing no lie in her eyes.

"Oh wondrous day! The Land God has now returned to the shrine!" Dai cheered.

"We should prepare a feast for the occasion!" Oishi joined in.