Chapter 22- A Jump Too Far

Things will now be heating up now. I wonder how things will develop

_________________________________________

"Done! The shrine is now back to normal after finally getting it back to dry land!" Silver said while whipping sweat off his head.

"Here have something to drink while you celebrate!" Mizuki grins as he hands Silver a bottle of water, Silver almost eyes the bottle knowing that it was open and removed the cap. However instead of drinking it, he tipped the water onto the floor before glaring at how the ground was burning from the acid. Mizuki gulped as he saw Silver look up at him with the most demonic stare ever.

"What... was that?" Silver asked with a cold dark look.

"Eh hehe" Mizuki scratched the back of his head before Silver rammed his foot onto Mizuki's back.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU DUMB SNAKE?!" Silver roared in anger.

"I saw you bit Lily and almost gave her an infection!" Mizuki yelled in anger "You almost hit her bone as well you dirty fox!"

"I was only being rough in order to get that THING out of her body!" Silver ranted as he threw the bottle at Mizuki's head. "Yes I bit her but at least I was keeping an eye on that stupid imposter! Where were you?"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW HARD IT WAS TO NOT EAT LILY?!" Mizuki pulled Silver's hair which left the red head very angry enough to claw at Mizuki.

"YOU WHAT?!" Silver bellowed in anger.

"IN CASE YOU FORGOT I AM A SNAKE AND SHE WAS A FROG! DO YOU KOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO NOT THINK OF HER AS FOOD THANKS TO MY INSTINCTS!"

"YOU IDIOT! WHY DIDN'T YOU TRY AND FIND ME!"

*BANG!*

Silver and Mizuki froze and looked down to see a hole in Mizuki's right sleeve that looked like it was hit by a round object.

"Yo pests got anything better to do than bicker?" Shade asked with a frown on his face while the pair went pale from what was in his hand.

"Will you put that away?!" Silver yelled now getting antsy about the gun in the area.

"Chillax idiot I have it lock-"

*BANG!*

The bullet hit upwards and down suddenly came a bird that was now coated in blood.

"Oops" Shade looked away before Lily ran out the shrine to look at what had just happened, she looks at the dead bird and then glares at her brother.

"Put that gun away right now you stupid idiot! Honestly what If you had killed someone other than this bird?" She shrieked as she gestured the dead bird that had vanished leaving only a dead leaf with a hole in it. Shade blinked as she picked it up and glared at him.

"I was fetching news! The last thing I need is to feel like I had been shot you rogue!" she snapped while folding her arms.

"Look it was one time Lil, I didn't mean to shoot your arm" Shade frowned as he looked at her while Silver blanched in shock before anger took over due to how he died.

"Get that thing out NOW!" Silver bellowed taking Shade and Mizuki by surprise, Lily and Luca who had joined the group stared at them feeling sad and knew why Silver was in a mood. Shade however tsked and rolled his eyes before putting the gun in the case.

"Fine..." Shade muttered darkly as he sat on one of the tree branches. "At least I got them to stop fighting"

"Okay but don't make anymore holes please" Lily pleaded and to their surprise he relented.