Chapter 35 - This is goodbye

Hello everyone here's a new chapter prepare for the tissues!

__________________________________________

"This is really fun" Lily marvels at the view from their window, now currently riding on a carriage that might have looked like it had seen better days. Mikage, Silver, Ako and Lily were sitting on the chairs. Ako remained close to Lily who patted the scared girl in order to ease her worries.

"Why the hell are we in a rickety carriage?" Silver asked coldly "It doesn't even look safe" Silver barked at Mikage.

"Izanami was kind enough to lend it to use so please do not complain" Mikage said softly while looking at Silver who glared at him.

"In case you've forgotten Lily's pregnant" Silver said darkly causing Lily to look at him.

"Oh so now you care about my condition?" Lily asked in the same tone causing him to look at her.

"Regardless if I am prepared or want to be a father, I refuse to turn coward when you need me the most" Silver replied sharply, Lily however wasn't happy.

"Oh so it's to do with obligation huh?" Lily asked angrily.

"Of course not! They are our children and I will never turn my back on the girl that I love" Silver replied as he narrowed his eyes at her, Lily scoffed as she turned her head.

"You have a funny way of showing it" she muttered before looking at Ako, Silver didn't comment given that it was partly true.

"Maybe someone will recognize Ako if she shows herself to them" Lily pats Ako who is trembling slightly. "Are you scared of heights?" Lily asks with a soft smile.

"It's scary!" Ako cried as she buried her face on top of Lily's trouser legs. Lily smiles and pats Ako's head gently.

"Wanna know a secret?" Lily asks in a hush hush voice while she continued to smile, curious Ako looks up and nods. "I'm very scared of being this high myself" Lily replies in a whisper that left Ako intrigued.

"Lily scared too?" Ako asked, Lily nods slightly.

"Yup, but Lily knows that she has you and Mikage to keep me brave after all. Knowing that I am never alone gives me courage to keep myself from panicking but the other trick is" Lily looks left and right before moving close to Ako "to breathe as calmly as you can and do you know why?" Ako shakes her head, her hair moves side to side as she looks up at Lily.

"Because if I start to panic I will end up scaring everyone, don't forget that it is okay to be afraid but let's not let it get the best of us okay? Let's show them that we can brave this okay?" Lily winks causing Ako to nod and smile slightly.

"I will Miss Lily" Ako said with a weak smile, Silver as he watched from the corner of his eye mentally smiled knowing that Lily was doing well with helping the girl ease her troubled mind.

"We're in luck you two" Lily and Ako look at Mikage who is smiling at them "We're nearly at the mountain of fire" Lily then leans her head near the window and gasps.

"That's a large mountain" Lily said in awe before wincing "I can imagine how hot it is from here, plus with that heat you could melt the skin off someone's bones" Lily shivers while Ako looks at her.

"Will we be okay?" Ako asked with hopeful eyes, Lily smiles and nods in reply.

"Definitely, just remember to hope- hmmm?" Lily takes out the bulb to see that it had sprouted a bit.

"What is that?" Ako asked in awe.

"Something that will turn that annoying fox over there back to how he was before he got naughty and drank something without permission" Ako blinked.