eleven

alex

"yo, watch out," i mumbled as i walked over to saylor and jessie. saylor had been trying to pull jessie off of the couch for almost five minutes now.

saylor stepped aside, and she watched as i grabbed jessie's hand. i started to pull her off the couch. i managed to do so, but i quickly started to fall back. jessie started to fall back down too. saylor only attempted to catch jessie. lucky for jessie, saylor caught them.

"fuck," i groaned as my ass hit the floor. "fuck."

saylor and jessie both drunkenly stared down at me. i groaned again as i then laid down on my back.

"are— are you okay?" jessie asked with deeply furrowed brows.

i held up a thumbs up. saylor and jessie continued to stare down at me as they blinked a few times.

saylor shrugged. "come on, let's get you some water!"

she tugged on jessie's hand to bring them to the kitchen with her. i heard jj whine as they walked away. "come on, pookie bear, this is— this is nonsense! i don't even need water!" she hiccuped.

they're not even going to try to help me up?

okay.

i let out a deep breath as i laid out across the floor, still on my back. i stared up at the tall ceiling for a while.

was it a while? it felt like a while, but it also only seemed like a few minutes...

this song has been playing for, like, ten minutes now. what the fuck?

so, on top of drinking tonight, i may have took an edible... or two. i don't think the first one was working, so i took another one.

my eyes widened as i saw that i was no longer looking up at the ceiling, but instead at... jordan?

"dude, are you okay?" he asked. his feet were by my head as he stood with his hands on his hips, peering down at me.

when i only blinked at him, a little confused, and didn't verbally answer him, he sighed. he kneeled down next to me, and he placed his index and middle finger on my neck with a somewhat concentrated look.

"alex," he said my name.

this time, i replied. "huh?" my brows raised a bit.

"are you good?" he asked with a chuckle as he pulled his fingers away.

"peachy," i gave a nod.

he tilted his head. "and how intoxicated are you?"

i held up my hand in a pinching position; i kept only a sliver of space between my index and thumb. "just a lil'," i gave a grin.

"right," he agreed sarcastically. "how come you're on the floor?"

"i was helping jj up... but i fell," my brows knitted together. "and nobody helped me up!"

he let out a small laugh. "i don't know how much help anybody here would be in helping you up," he pointed out. "i think me, miguel, and matthew are the only sober ones."

"well, you three can help me up!" i nodded. "you're all men! use your manly strength!"

he let out a loud laugh. "right, right. i'll try."

he grabbed my hands, and he slowly pulled me upright. once i was sitting up, he pulled me up to stand on my feet. i stumbled a bit as i got to my feet, but i didn't fall back down, which is good.