twenty-five

alex

i glanced to my left. i narrowed my eyes as i saw that saylor was on her phone, paying me no mind. i started to obnoxiously tap my foot, which i know annoys her. still, there was no reaction.

it's been two weeks since that night that saylor went off on me. since then, she's still been giving me the silent treatment. she's only spoke to me or glanced at me during an interview we did and when we've been working on new music. besides that, she hasn't talked to me, looked at me, or even scoffed at me. no matter how hard i try to piss her off or get a reaction out of her, there's nothing.

she's persistent, that's for sure. she's annoyingly stubborn. i'm going to get a reaction out of her, one way or another though.

currently, we're in a car going to rhode island for an interview. jessie and miguel sat in the two middle seats... leaving me and saylor to sit in the back together. the middle seat was empty, besides saylor's jacket that she took off.

i'm stuck in this damn car for three hours sitting next to her...

"open the window back here," i requested after i huffed and turned my attention away from saylor. "i need to smoke."

"you're not smoking in the car, alex," laura denied.

my brows furrowed together. "i need to smoke."

"wait until we get there."

i scoffed. i leaned forward, and i grabbed jessie's shoulder from behind to shake her. "gimme your vape."

they grumbled, and they swatted my hand away. "fuck off. lemme sleep."

"give me your vape!" i started to blindly reach around for it.

"yo, stop! dude, you literally just grabbed my entire damn titty," she swatted my hand away again. "let me sleep. quit being such a fucking fiend."

"says you," my eyes widened. "you almost had a fucking panic attack because you couldn't find your vape the other day!"

she gasped, and she quickly turned around. "we said we weren't gonna talk about that! nah, we gotta throw hands now," they unbuckled their seat belt, and they started to swing at me.

"just gimme the damn vape," i grumbled as i blocked her half-hearted swings.

"i swear, if you two don't stop right now, we're pulling over, and i'll make you two walk there," laura said sternly. "act your damn age."

jessie huffed as she turned back around and buckled up again. i crossed my arms over my chest, and i started to tap my foot. my jaw clenched as i heard the small pop of jessie's vape being hit. i took in a deep inhale.

"jessie... give me the vape."

"say please."

"hell no."

"then deal without it," they shrugged, then raised their middle finger.

i clenched my jaw again. i tapped my fingers against my arm. "please, give me the damn vape," i gritted out.

they reached their hand back to give me the vape. i snatched it from her hand, and i brought it to my lips to take a hit. i glanced to the side, and i rolled my eyes as i saw that saylor had leaned forward to quietly speak to miguel.

this damn car ride is going to be my final reason.

when we got to where the interview was being held, we were brought into a room and told to take a seat. i raised a brow as i saw that there was only the interviewer's chair and a couch in here, that seemed just big enough to sit the four of us.

i walked over to take a seat. jessie sat on the left end, and saylor sat beside her. i sat down before miguel did, and i sat beside saylor. i purposely hit my hip against her as i sat and settled down. still, i received no reaction. even when i wrapped my arm behind her, on the couch, she didn't raise her brows, widen her eyes, nothing.

the interview went by fine. he asked questions about us, the band itself, and our music.

whenever i would answer a question, jessie, miguel, and saylor all looked at me. except... saylor didn't look at me. sure, her eyes were on me, but she wasn't actively and attentively looking at me. the only reason her eyes were on me is just so nothing would be said when this interview gets released.

two days later, we have another sold out show with hundreds of people attending.

we're on stage now. every time i would stand in front of saylor to play and sing, the crowd would go crazy. even still, saylor wasn't exactly paying me any mind.

during broken, while saylor was singing her verse, i walked over, and i leaned into the same microphone to sing the harmonies. saylor seemed completely unfazed still. the crowd, however, screamed louder than they have during the rest of our set.

i don't think i've ever met anyone as stubborn as saylor.

it's getting on my damn nerves. it's annoying as hell.

after the show, we all went to our separate green rooms. i grabbed a cold bottle of water, and i downed most of it. i poured a little on my face; some of it went into my hair. i shook my head a few times, ran my hand through my hair, then slumped onto the couch.

i scrolled through my phone for a few minutes. there was a knock on the door.

"come in."

the door opened, and i saw that it was jessie. she walked over, and she sat near my feet. they propped their elbow on their knee, then held their face in their hand as they looked at me. they raised a brow.

"so, what's the deal with you and saylor?" she asked. "you two have been... weird lately. granted, your relationship wasn't great to begin with, but now it's, like... nonexistent."

i rolled my eyes. "she's a petty, stubborn ass brat," i huffed.

"don't talk about my pookie like that," she hit my leg. "the fuck did you do for her to not talk to you?"

i crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back against the armrest of the couch. "remember that night i got drunk on an empty stomach? she tried to lecture me about it, i told her to shut up and that i didn't want her help, and she got pissed and stormed out. she hasn't talked to me since."

"you damn asshole," they muttered. "you should tell her you're sorry. you two kinda need to get along, seeing as you have to be around each other almost constantly."

"hell no. i'm not sorry, nor do i fucking care. she can keep that shit up all she wants. it doesn't bother me."

they scoffed with a bit of a chuckle. "yeah, okay," she agreed sarcastically.

my brows knitted together. "i don't."

"don't play dumb. i've seen you trying to get a reaction out of her," she shook her head.

"she's so persistent on not letting up on this whole silent treatment shit, but i want to break it, just to piss her off," i defended with a huff.

"right," they spoke sarcastically again as they got up and headed for the door. "you have fun with that."

i rolled my eyes as i watched her exit the room. i pulled my cigarettes out of my pocket, brought one up to my lips, and lit it.

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

any predictions?

words:
1258

SHATTEREDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara