twenty-seven

alex

my face scrunched up as i woke up to a flash in my face. i blinked my eyes open, and i looked around the room with furrowed brows.

did we really all fall asleep in the studio?

i glanced down. my arms had been crossed over my chest while i slept. in my lap, were two pairs of legs. i glanced to both sides of myself to see that they belonged to saylor and jessie. i was sitting in the middle of the couch; they had both slept out on opposite ends of the couch and had laid their legs in my lap.

do i look like a leg rest to them?!

i looked ahead, and i saw that miguel had curled up in the chair. he didn't seem very comfortable, but he still slept soundly.

i looked around the room. i immediately found what had caused the flash that woke me up. laura stood near the entrance, a small smile on her face. she was holding up her phone to take pictures of the four of us.

my brows knitted together. "what time is it? and why are you taking pictures?"

"it's seven thirty... in the morning. i took them because you all look so cute, asleep in the studio like this," she snickered. "i think you all should post one of them on instagram."

"hell no," i grumbled.

"it'll show your dedication to making music," she pointed out. "but never mind that for now; as cute as you all are, you need to wake up."

i grumbled again, this time about not being cute. i huffed, and i glanced down. i grabbed jessie's legs to start shaking her awake. they immediately shot up and glanced around; their brows quickly furrowed.

"get up," i mumbled. "we fell asleep in the studio."

she blinked a few times. "i can see that..."

i rolled my eyes. "get saylor up," i told her as i stood up, which made both jessie and saylor's legs fall off of my lap and onto the floor. i walked over to miguel, and i started to shake him awake too. he groaned lowly, but he eventually sat up.

i looked over to laura. she had pocketed her phone now, and she was patiently waiting for us all to get up. once she saw that we all were up, she asked "how far along did you get with the ep?"

"uh..." i trailed off as i thought back to last night. "we completely finished one, and we finished most of a second one. so, after we finish that, we just have to make one more."

"ah, i'm glad. would you mind showing me what songs you have so far?" she raised a brow.

"yeah, lemme load them up real quick," jessie yawned as she went to the computer.

a handful of hours later, i'm at my apartment. we had shown laura the songs we had so far, and she loved them. she had then told us that we should take the day off.

i looked around my apartment, and i sighed. the entire apartment was messy. i'm barely ever here, yet it never fails to get messy.

there were clothes strewn across the living room, as well as my bedroom. there were beer bottles here and there, as well as a few bottles of whiskey. there was an empty takeout box on the coffee table.

i rubbed at my temple. i then looked around the apartment as i tried to find my airpods. after ten or so minutes, i found them, so i connected them to my phone and started to listen to music. slowly but surely, i cleaned my apartment. i tossed all of my dirty clothes into the hamper so that i could wash them later, i threw away all of the trash, and i put the whiskey bottles away.