twenty-one

alex

my face scrunched up as i slowly woke up. i shifted and turned to bury my head... into someone's stomach.

i froze up. i suddenly noticed the hand that was lazily cupping my head.

i immediately sat up, and i moved away. saylor's brows furrowed as i did, and she stirred. she let out a quiet huff as she brought her legs to her chest and laid her head on the armrest of the couch. she stayed asleep.

no way was i just sleeping with my head in her lap.

hell. no.

i glanced around the, now dark, living room. the tv had turned off since, i'm assuming, the movie went off. i saw that miguel and jessie were asleep as well.

i stood up, and i started to gather my things. the three of them stayed asleep as i did.

i hope that happened after saylor fell asleep. i don't need her saying anything about it to me.

that shit won't happen again.

i'm not— i can't get close with anyone like that; not after her.

fuck. that.

i didn't even glance at saylor again as i left her apartment. i did, however, make sure the door was locked before i left.

i shoved my hands into my pockets as i walked to the elevator. i clicked the button for the lobby. i eventually made my way out of her apartment building. i walked down the sidewalks to make my way towards my own apartment building.

as i walked to my apartment, my mind seemed to race a thousand miles a minute. unwanted thoughts of my past and what just happened filled my brain.

i really slept with my head laying in saylor's lap... what the fuck? i haven't been close like that with someone in years.

when did that even happen? how did that even happen?

it won't happen again. no way in hell.

i refuse to be vulnerable like that with someone again. never again.

i just can't do it. i can't go through that again.

i reached my apartment, and i unlocked the door to walk in. i shut the door, and i hastily ran my hand through hair as my thoughts continued to run rampant.

she has been on my mind too much lately, and i fucking hate it. i just want to forget about her.

i pulled my phone out of my pocket. i scrolled through my contacts, and i clicked on one to open our messages. i sent a text and asked if she was awake. when she responded, i told her to come over, then threw my phone onto the couch.

that'll be a sure-fire way to get my mind off of everything.

i glanced around my apartment. i sighed, and i quickly tidied it up. once i did, i walked over to my couch. i leaned over towards my coffee table as i rolled a blunt. i brought it up to my mouth, lit it, then took a hit.

that'll definitely help too.

by the time i finished the blunt, there was a knock on my door. i got up, and i walked over to it to open it. my eyes trailed over the woman in front of me, and i smirked. she bit her lip as she stared up at me. i wasted no time in welcoming her inside.

the next morning, me and the rest of the band are at the practice building. we have that sold out show tonight, so we're starting to get everything in order.