forty-three

saylor

"ah, it feels so good to be home," jessie grinned as she stepped off of the tour bus and outstretched her arms. "i've missed los angeles."

"you were just here, like, two months ago," i snickered as i carefully stepped off of the bus.

it's been a few days. we're now in los angeles, california for the twelfth show of the tour. we have two shows here before we end the tour in san diego, california.

since that night that alex got crossed, i've been sending them knowing looks and messing with them about the things they had said. they get so annoyed and flustered by it, and i love it.

annoying and teasing them like that is so fun.

"so?" they made a face. "it still feels good to be home! los angeles is amazing!"

"shut up, rich kid," alex muttered as they got off of the bus as well.

"you shut up," jessie huffed.

"i forgot that you grew up rich," i mumbled. "lucky ass."

"it wasn't as glamorous as it seems," jess rubbed the back of her neck with an awkward facial expression. "i mean, sure, i could've had any material item i wanted, but that meant nothing if i never got to see my parents."

my lips turned downwards into a frown. "i didn't think about it like that."

they shrugged. "it's whatever now; there's nothing i can do about it, so i'm not gonna dwell on it."

i walked over to her, and i pressed a friendly kiss to her head. i could practically feel alex shooting daggers at us as i did so. i had to hold back a giggle as i wrapped my arms around jj's neck and batted my eyelashes at her, so that she'd pick me up and carry me.

"are you gonna give me a tour of the city, hotshot?" i raised a brow and grinned as they picked me up to carry me bridal style.

"i'd love to. i can't do it justice with only four days, though. you'll have to come back," they flashed a smirk.

"we'll see if it's worthy of that," i teased as i pinched their cheek.

we all started to make our way into the venue. as jessie was walking, she stumbled a bit, and she nearly dropped me. i gasped, and i held onto them tighter.

"my bad," they gave an sheepish, yet apologetic look.

"you idiot," alex grunted. "watch out."

i watched as jessie's brows raised. she carefully set me down, and she took a step back. "gladly," they smirked.

"come here," alex murmured as they walked over to me.

to my surprise, they kneeled down in front of me so that i could get on their back. i glanced at miguel, who, unbeknownst to alex, was wiggling his eyebrows at us. i narrowed my eyes at him. when i looked over to jessie, i saw that she was giving us the same look.

i flipped them off before i, with their help, got on alex's back. they grabbed under my legs, their palms resting under my thighs. as they picked me up, their thumbs gently rubbed at the side of my legs. i could feel my face flush at the innocent touch. i secured my arms around them, and i rested my chin on their shoulder.

"you good?" they checked softly.

"yeah," i confirmed.

alex started walking to the venue. jessie and miguel followed behind us. when i glanced behind me, they started to make kissy faces at us. i mouthed for them to fuck off before i turned back around. this time, i laid the side of my face on alex's shoulder, so that i was looking at their side profile.