forty-seven

alex

today is our final show of the tour. we're in san diego, california. it's a bittersweet feeling. we're sad that it's over after tonight, but at the same time, we're amazed that we even got to do it in the first place.

right now, we're making our way to the venue to do the soundcheck after we all got lunch together. we're in a car. jessie and miguel are in the two middle seats, while me and saylor are in the back seats.

i glanced over at saylor. randomly, i thought back to my birthday, when she gave me that cupcake.

fuck, that cupcake was good. i've seriously been craving it since i had it.

i pursed my lips as i looked over at her. after a few moments, she turned to look at me.

"what?" she raised a brow.

my eyes just slightly narrowed at her. i let out a puff of air. "so, remember that cupcake you got me for my birthday?"

she looked a bit taken aback, but before she could respond, both jessie and miguel turned in their seats to face us.

"hold on, you got alex a birthday cupcake?!" jessie's eyes widened. "how come i didn't get one?!"

"why the hell are you in our business?" i cut my eyes at the both of them.

"it's hard not to be when you're less than two feet away from me," they defended with a huff. she looked to saylor. "anyways, seriously, how come i didn't get a birthday cupcake?!"

saylor's eyes were wide as she stammered over her words to try and defend herself. miguel leaned towards her with furrowed brows.

"nah, real question is, how come i've never gotten one?" he quizzed sassily. "you've known me for how many years now, and haven't gotten me one?!"

as saylor tried and failed to give them both an answer, my brows knitted together slightly. then, a smirk started to form on my face.

"so, what i'm hearing, is that i'm special?" i teased as i looked at saylor. "'cause you got me one, and not them."

"well, uh, you see," she chuckled nervously as her eyes darted between the three of us. we all looked at her expectingly. "look, i got them one because of them not celebrating their birthday! i wanted them to know that it was something that they should celebrate, because it is a big deal, and the cupcake was a way to help them celebrate or whatever."

jessie and miguel still looked offended by the fact that i had gotten a birthday cupcake and they hadn't. jess looked at me, and she tilted her head.

"wait, so she actually got you to celebrate your birthday?" their eyes widened a bit.

"hell no," i rolled my eyes as i crossed my arms over my chest.

"yes, the hell, i did," saylor huffed.

"as if!"

jj and miggy shared a knowing look together. i glared at them.

a few short moments later, we arrived at the venue. jessie and miguel got out first, and they started to go towards the venue. i got out after them. i helped saylor out of the car, since she still had a sprained ankle, but i avoided eye contact the entire time. i shoved my hands into my pockets as we then started to follow jj and miggy to the venue.

"anyways," i cleared my throat. "so, about that cupcake; where the hell did you get that from?"

"i baked it," she said in an obvious tone.