twenty

alex

FLASHBACK
ALEX: 16 YEARS OLD

my brows furrowed together as i stared at my homework assignment. my leg bounced, and i twirled my pencil around.

"c'mon, you can do it," devon encouraged with a smile.

i looked up at her. she was sitting on my desk, with one leg crossed over the other one. she was watching me intently as i tried to do my homework. she had been helping me study this, but now she wants me to try it on my own.

she gave another smile. i couldn't help the blush that rose to my cheeks, so i looked down at my paper again.

she's so pretty. she's so sweet too.

i took a small breath, and i attempted the problem. as i usually do when i'm concentrating, i bit my lip.

i need to stop doing it. i keep biting my lip too hard and making it bleed.

when i finished the problem, i looked up at devon again, seeking her approval. her eyes read over my handwriting to check my work and my answer. soon enough, a smile came to her face.

"see, there you go. good job. i knew you could do it, baby," she praised, which made my cheeks flush again. they flushed even brighter when she leaned down to kiss my forehead. she giggled. "you're so cute when you blush."

"stop," i mumbled as i covered my face with my hands. i tilted my face down. i could feel just how hot my face was.

devon lifted her hand, and she began to run it through my hair. i sighed contently as she did. "my alex," she murmured.

devon is the only person i've come out as non-binary too. she's the only one i trust to tell. i don't know when or even if i'll tell anybody else; i'm too scared to.

i rested my chin on my desk, and i looked up at devon through my lashes. "yours?" i repeated softly.

"of course," she smiled as her hand drifted down to cup my cheek. "only mine."

"and you're mine?"

"right," she answered. she nodded her head towards my homework. "c'mon, let's finish this so you can be done."

i groaned, and i hit my head against my desk. "i hate it so much. i can't do it."

"of course you can, love," she reassured. "you've got this. i know you can do it."

so, with that, i continued to try and do my homework. each time i would get a problem correct, she would murmur her praise and tell me how good i was doing. it made my face flush every time.

when i finished, she gave me a sweet kiss, and she told me how proud she was. i couldn't help but to just melt as she did.

we're now sitting on my bed. devon is cupping my face in both of her hands as she kissed me. well... no, we were making out at this point.

i could feel her smile as she moved to press kisses along my jaw. she kissed down my neck. i let out a quiet "fuck," as she started to give me a hickey.