sixty-one

alex

"we haven't been in here for two minutes, and we're already lost," jessie deadpanned.

"we're not lost," i shook my head.

"you lead the way then, oh-wise-one," she said sarcastically.

i flipped them, but i tried to lead the three of us anyways.

right now, jessie, miguel, saylor, and i are all having a day out together. we're currently in a maze at some mini-golf place. miguel had suggested it. there's four different towers in the center of the maze that we have to find our way to. once we get to the top, we have to hole punch our ticket to show that we made it to that tower.

"this all looks the fucking same," i huffed after a few turns and dead ends.

"i think we've already been here," saylor pointed out. "we need to backtrack."

"how the fuck can you tell?" miggy questioned. "like alex said, it all looks the same."

"i don't know," she admitted with a bit of a whine in her voice. "i said i think."

"we're gonna die in here," jj claimed dramatically. "if one of you make it out, tell my wife and kids that i love them."

i stared blankly at them. "jess, we've been in here for ten minutes; calm your ass down," i shook my head. "and quit your delusions!"

"i'm not delusional!" they huffed as they crossed their arms.

"yeah, she's not delusional," saylor slung an arm around jj's shoulders as she looked up at me and narrowed her eyes slightly.

"says the other delusional one," i muttered.

she gasped. jessie and miguel snickered. "damn, saylor, are you really gonna let that slide? 'cause me personally..." miggy trailed off, then shook his head.

"you can't talk either, miguel," i cut my eyes. "all three of you are delusional!"

"do you wanna throw hands? 'cause we can go," jess raised a brow as she held her fists up.

"okay, calm down, nobody is fighting," saylor swatted jessie's hands down. "let's just focus on getting to these damn towers."

"why don't you try and lead, miguel?" i questioned. "since you suggested this shit!"

"we'll probably get even more lost, but i'll try," he muttered as he moved to the front and tried to lead us through the maze.

i followed behind him. jessie and saylor walked behind me. i glanced back at them at one point, and i saw that their fingers were interlaced. they were swinging their hands between them as they walked.

they both love any kind of physical touch or contact like that.

i used to love it. she ruined that for me, but i think i'm finally getting to a point where i love it, again.

with saylor, at least. i can't say the same for in general.

saylor met my eyes, and she scrunched her nose up at me as she smiled. i shook my head with a quiet laugh as i faced forward again.

eventually, the four of us made it to one of the towers. we all hole punched our tickets. i glanced around at the maze, and i tried to figure out where to go from here.

"what do y'all think about splitting up to see who can finish the maze first?" i suggested as i turned to look at the other three with a small smirk. "teams of two."