fifty-seven

alex

the day after me and saylor went to the hamptons, we're back in new york city. yesterday, we stayed at the beach for quite a while. we only left because it was starting to get chilly out.

saylor had swam a pretty good bit, but i stayed put in my chair practically the whole time. i only got out in the sun to dry my shorts, because saylor had pulled the stunt of sitting in my lap, after she had been in the water.

little brat.

this morning, after we were both up and ready, we went and got breakfast. we stayed out for a bit before we checked out of the hotel and left back for new york city. it's now some point in the afternoon as we slowly made our way to my apartment.

i watched with slightly raised brows as saylor's fingers tapped the steering wheel impatiently. her lips were pursed as she looked straight ahead. neither of us had said anything in a bit.

she glanced at me. when she met my eyes, which were still on her, her eyes widened slightly, and she looked away. a small smirk tugged on my lips as i continued to watch her.

"you know... you've still got to watch the last twilight movie," she spoke after a few moments.

"i don't have to," i reasoned.

"yes, you do," she stated matter-of-factly. "you absolutely do."

i let out a deep sigh. "seriously?"

"yes," she gave a small huff with a nod.

"when do i have to watch it, then?" i raised a brow as i propped my elbow on the center console, then held my head in my hand. i continued to look at the side of her face.

i watched as she glanced over at me. she looked back to the road. she moved her left hand from the steering wheel to lay her arm on the door. "you could come over tonight and watch it?" she suggested as she glanced over at me once more.

"tonight?" my brows raised slightly.

"i'll cook dinner," she added a bit hastily as her cheeks flushed. "you know, since you don't cook," she then said in a teasing tone.

"mm..." i hummed. "what would you cook?"

she shrugged. "whatever, really; it doesn't matter to me."

i thought for a few moments. "what about chicken alfredo? not gonna lie, i've been craving some chicken alfredo."

"yeah, i can do that," she assured. "easy."

i hummed again. "okay, then. could you still drop me off at my apartment first though?"

"of course," she agreed.

an hour and a half after saylor dropped me off at my apartment, i've showered, got a fresh set of clothes on, and fixed my hair. i'm in front of saylor's door now, and i just knocked on it.

only a handful of seconds after i knocked, saylor opened the door. it didn't take me long at all to realize that she had also showered, fixed her hair, and put on a fresh set of clothes. she smiled up at me.

"hi," she murmured before she stepped back to let me inside. "i showered and put all of my things from the beach away, so i'm still cooking."

"that's fine, angel," i assured softly as i walked inside and closed the door behind me.

i barely caught the pink tint rising to her cheeks before she nodded and turned towards the kitchen. i followed behind her.

she walked towards the stove, where it seemed like she was making the sauce for the alfredo. i sat on the counter, near the stove, but far enough away to give her space to move around, and i watched as she expertly made the sauce.