Chapter 2

I was back. Way back. Way too far back. I was holding my red ball. I was in my backyard where the wood fences had surrounded me. Instinctively I looked down at my wrist. No tally marks were left. I couldn't tell if it was because I had used up all of them, or I was back to a time when I was six. A time where I had not gotten my quirk yet. I received my quirk later, a couple weeks before my seventh birthday.

How did I even go back this far? Every time it was one minute, no more, no less. If my quirk was able to ever go further back than that, I feel like I would have realized it sooner. So how had I gone back sixteen years? This is horrible, I thought in stunned silence as I gripped my red ball tightly.

Then I thought for a moment. Was it? Was it really horrible? Hana and my mom were in my house right now, alive and well. Tomura Shigaraki no longer existed. It was just Tenko Shimura. I heard a scream from next door and I knew the horrifying scene that had been engraved into my six year old brain had just begun. I had no time to be shocked or confused. I had to fix everything now. I immediately ran over to the crack in my fence. It was exactly how I remembered it. Gory and awful.

"Tenko..." This time, I finally saw the voice that had called out. It was a young girl. Shimura reached for the girl but as soon as he touched her she instantly decayed away. A violent chill ran through my spine as a weird choking noise came from Shimura. He must be in shock. This had to be a dream. But, I didn't stand still and contemplate if this was real or not. I ran inside, this time, a determined look on my little face.

There was mom, dark hair, dark eyes, pale skin and all standing at the kitchen counter, scrolling on her phone. She was alive. I wanted to cry. I wanted to run up and tell her how much I missed her. But I couldn't. I ran up to her and gave her the biggest hug I could muster. "Sweetie!" she smiled down at me, "What's this for?" She hugged me back, tightly and with warmth.

"I just love you so much, Mom," I said, my voice muffled as I buried my face into her waist. It was weird being this short. Everything felt so much bigger. I kept myself from crying as she laughed slightly.

"I love you more, Jikan."

As my mom pulled a part from the hug I heard footsteps. It was Hana walking into the kitchen. I ran over to her and gave her a huge hug as well. "Woah!" she giggled as I nearly knocked her over. "Careful!"

Hana and my mom had the same quirk. When you hugged them, they could warm up their bodies, giving you a burst of energy for about the next ten minutes. I wish Hana or my mom used their quirk just now. It would have been helpful.

"Hana!" I said seriously, looking up at her with a firm expression. "When you're older, don't live anywhere near Deika city!"

She tilted her head to the side, confused. "Okay... I won't?" An odd warning from a six year old should be enough to stop her later in life, shouldn't it?

I nodded my head firmly. That should do it. Quickly, I ran towards my room, my tiny bare feet pattering on the tile floor of my childhood home. Barging into my room, I looked around. There! My piggy bank, just where I remembered. I quickly emptied it. 1,200 yen. It wasn't much. I frowned but snatched the money, crumpling it in my small fists. Every movement felt so much more tiring than before. Everything was harder with such a young body.

As I walked towards the other side of the room, I came across my standing mirror. My silver hair was shorter, and sloppily tied into two braids. It was around this time I had bangs, flat across my forehead. Ick, I'll have to grow those out, I thought mournfully. I must have done it myself. My gray eyes were bigger, and my eyebrows thinner. I was tiny and much more chubby than my slim, adult figure. I was wearing a pink polo shirt and navy blue overalls. I stared at myself in shock for several moments before quickly rushing on.