Chapter 23

"You're a grade younger than me, how can you be better at algebra?" Henshin-kun asked in exasperation.

I froze for a split second, before awkwardly avoiding the question. "All you have to do is get 'y' equal to 'x'," I explained nervously. The only reason I knew this was because I had learned it before I regressed, but I wasn't about to let Henshin-kun become any more suspicious.

Today was Friday, and I had begun doing Henshin-kun's homework and helping him study. Tenko was busy with the soccer club he had joined, so I had plenty of time to get my appointment with Henshin-kun done before meeting up with Tenko and heading home.

Honestly, it surprised me when Tenko said he wanted to join soccer. When I asked Tenko why, he said he needed to work out more and get more athletic so he had a better chance of passing the entrance exams, getting into U.A., and becoming a pro hero.

The smell of old books filled the air as Henshin-kun and I sat at a table in a quiet corner of the library, surrounded by books and lit dimly as evening light shone through the window. Books were scattered throughout the table, along with pencils and other worksheets that had already been scribbled on.

Henshin-kun was resting his elbow on the table, and his chin on his hand, facing me as I worked my way through his homework, bit by bit. I caught him staring at me and I shot a glare. "What are you looking at?" I muttered as my eyes drifted back down to the worksheet.

"Has anyone ever told you you act oddly mature?" he asked, still staring at me. His slicked back hair was more ruffled than usual, as it was nearing the end of the day and he hadn't had time to fix it. His light eye bags under his dark eyes were more obvious in the dim light.

I flinched, before turning to look at him again, dropping my pencil and sitting up in my chair. "Has anybody told you you're oddly annoying? I'm trying to do your homework and all you do is talk and distract me!" I spat, trying to hide my secrets with insults.

Rolling his eyes, Henshin-kun sat up and looked down to a study book that was by him. "Fine, fine, I'll stop bothering you. And after all my help, too. You almost got expelled, you should be more grateful for me," he muttered, shimmying his shoulders as he got more comfortable in his seat.

I scoffed before turning back to the homework. It had been a while since I worked on problems like this, so I was slowly trying to retrieve my memories.

Before long, I had finished his homework. I stretched as I stood up out of my seet before I checked the time. Tenko wouldn't be done with soccer for another half hour. I sighed and went to hand Henshin-kun the completed worksheet but he had fallen asleep, his face buried on his book as drool puddled on the pages.

"Henshin-kun," I whispered in his ear as I bent down, trying to wake him up. He didn't wake. I then slowly lifted a hand to his ear lobe and then quickly pinched it. Henshin-kun snorted awake, gripping his ear as he groaned in pain.

"What was that for?!" he yelled.

"Shh, you're in a library."

"What was that for?!" he then sarcastically whispered, lowering his hands from his ear and glaring at me.

"For fun," I winked, before passing him his completed homework. He took it and quickly scanned it over before nodding in approval.

"Looks good enough for me," he stated. "Thank you for your help, Ushiromuki-chan."

"Keep it as 'san', please," I scoffed.

"Oh, right. Sorry, Ushiromuki-san. You don't want your little boyfriend, Shimura-kun, getting jealous," Henshin-kun corrected in a teasing tone of voice.