Chapter 42

"Don't go off with strangers and make sure to keep track of time, don't get lost!" my mother rambled as I attempted to clip my necklace around my neck. I rolled my eyes as I turned from the mirror to her.

"Mom, I've been living just fine without you for the past ten years. I'm sure I'll make it home safe," I smile assuredly at her. This doesn't make her feel any better though. She only frowns in response.

Hana flopped down on the couch with an overdone sigh. She couldn't go to the festival today because she had work, and she was totally jealous. "Man, I wish I could go to the sports festival. All the competing students and heroes managing it are so hot," Hana groaned. I giggled slightly.

I gave my mother a tight squeeze and then Hana rushed over, wrapping her arms around my neck in a hug. "I'll be back by tonight. No later than nine P.M.," I say.

The whole purpose of going was to fix Dabi's leg, but that doesn't mean I'd stay a bit later and enjoy being in Tokyo again once his leg was healed. I had been returning to school every day even after being attacked by all the students there. It was hard. I deserved some sort of reward for myself.

My mother nods hesitantly as Hana pulls away from the hug. "Please return home soon! I miss you already!" Hana called dramatically. She waved her hands frantically in the air and I laughed as I slipped on my shoes and walked out from the apartment.

A month ago I had told Dabi I would meet him back in the spot I had left him. Today we will head to the U.A. sports festival to heal his stone leg. Hopefully. I wondered how he fared with his disabled leg. I hope he hasn't needed my help this past month.

Cold morning air bit my earlobes as I approached the market, now busier than before when it had been raining. Dabi couldn't possibly be in the exact same spot as I had left him. He would be recognized since he was so infamous in Hosu.

The hope was that once we were out of Hosu city, his reputation wouldn't reach other cities, since he was only a new villain at this time. That way, we wouldn't have to struggle to completely disguise him and his scars. I bought a piece of cloth to act as a mask anyway.

I spent around ten minutes searching the market for any sign of him. I finally found him leaning against a wall, propped up by crutches, behind a bunch of cardboard boxes. A sly smile appeared upon his face as soon as he saw me.

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming," he says.

"Well you're not exactly at our confirmed meeting place are you?" I say back.

He rolls his eyes. "You think I can walk around in public with this," he motions to his stone leg, "and this?" He then motions to his face. "One of those high schoolers is sure to spot me and finish the job they failed to do that day," Dabi jokes.

I shook my head before handing him the piece of cloth and a hoodie. The hoodie was greatly oversized on me, so I thought it would work well to conceal him. But as he slipped the hoodie on, it fit perfectly on his strong figure. I frowned. But, once he wrapped the cloth around his face he was completely enveloped in black. Black hoodie, black hair, black mask, and black pants and shoes that covered his cemented leg. The only thing that stood out was his shining blue eyes and the two crutches he propped himself up on.

It was a good enough disguise, especially when by the time we got to U.A., there would be so many people the crowds would probably hide us better than any number of disguises.

"The train station's only a bit of a walk from here... Can you make it?" I ask, glancing down at his leg, unsure.

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "You forget I've lasted a month with this leg before now. I'm fine."