Chapter 60

I fiddled with my gifted necklace as I thought about what Aida-chan had told me. She had left only an hour ago, and I finally had time to get ready and appear more presentable, which meant I now had time to think. The most prominent questions in my mind were: Why are all the villains meeting in Hosu? And what should I do about Tenko? Neither of which I could come to any sure conclusion.

My initial thought was just to pack up my bags and leave. Hana and I could find a new apartment, somewhere far away from Hosu, maybe all the way to Hokkaido, the northernmost point of Japan. But, then Hana and I would have to find new jobs to make a living. Without my proper education, and Hana's work experience limited to more artistic affiliated jobs, it would be hard to find a way to make a suitable income.

I always ran. That was my solution to everything, I guess. Just run away. But even then, maybe being alive and safe was a more urgent priority than having suitable housing or income.

No. I needed to figure out the Tenko situation as well. If I didn't and abandoned Hosu, all of my work would have gone to waste. Maybe the universe was trying to set itself right. Trying to pull Tenko back to his origins. Maybe ultimately ending up in Hana's demise once again. Aida-chan had said Tenko began to talk about me less after the attack at the sports festival. But on my birthday, someone very suspicious and most likely familiar had broken into our apartment. Not to mention the frantic texts from Tenko that night.

And Dabi. Aida-chan said that all the villains had slowly been disappearing and slinking back into the shadows. Dabi had practically disappeared himself, only reappearing on my birthday, almost like Tenko. Dabi was most likely part of this potential plot All for One was forming.

But what could I do? This was all bigger than me now. Before, it was just Tenko and I. Life was small. I just had to take care of Tenko and make sure he was loved and cared for enough that he wouldn't turn into Shigaraki. Clearly I had already failed that part. But now I am talking about super villains. I am talking about going up against All for One and a legion of others! If I were to try and shove my way into Tenko's life once again, who knew who would come after me? Maybe even Tenko himself.

"Ouch." I hissed to myself as I quickly pulled my hand away from the stove. A sharp pain seared through my hand, distracting me from my thoughts, and I turned it over to see several blisters beginning to form on my fingertips. The pain was causing a headache. I quickly rushed over to the sink and ran my hand under the cool running water as my fingers throbbed. "How annoying," I whispered to myself, letting out a breath as I felt a small relief from the water.

After Aida-chan had left, I thought I would continue making my breakfast. But then I got distracted by my own thoughts and hadn't realized where I was placing my own hand until I accidentally set it on the stove.

My phone began to buzz violently as I rinsed my fingertips. I glanced over to the lit up screen a distance away on the counter. I ignored it for several seconds and thought at some point the notifications would stop but they didn't. Did I get added to a new group chat or something?

The noise started to irk me so I dried my hand and reached for the phone. Messages from Tenko.

I haven't received messages from Tenko since the attack at the sports festival, and now ever since my birthday he has texted me on three separate occasions. It had only been a week. But perhaps this was a good thing. Maybe now was the time I should reach out to Tenko and ask him what was going on.

I opened up his messages which were similar in manner to the last ones he had sent me. All similarly frantic.

"What happened?"

"Jikan."

"Are you okay?"

"Did something happen?"