Chapter 7

The sweet smell of breakfast greeted me as my eyes flicked open, pink tinted morning light from the painted glass windows shining on my face. "Good morning, children!" Father called, scuttling over with a tray full of food. I looked over to see Tenko slowly pushing himself up from his lying position and I did the same.

Five or six pancakes layered themselves on a glass china plate, butter and syrup dripping down the sides. Two glasses of orange juice were on the side. My mouth watered and my stomach growled. "Eat up," Father said, handing me the tray. "And you," he turned to look at Tenko, "I'll get you some new clothes." He motioned to the vomit stained, smelly shirt and pants. Tenko seemed to have fallen asleep in his red shoes, too. He must have been too tired to notice.

"Thank you, Father!" I cheered. Father walked away and me and Tenko dishes the pancakes evenly between us, scarfing the fresh food down. Before I regressed, I never had this big of servings. I got full really easily. But I was too hungry to notice. Tenko and I gulped down our orange juice and before we knew it, we had finished our food.

I turned to Tenko, pulling out the allergy pills I had bought the previous day from my pocket. "These help right? You aren't as itchy when you swallow these?" I asked. Tenko nodded. "Here, take another one." I dropped one in the palm of his hand and this time, he swallowed it without a problem.

Father had returned with new clothes for Tenko. He handed them over and Tenko began to put them on. "Let me know if they fit or not. They're from my wardrobe. I figured we are about the same size."

Tenko had pulled his top off revealing his upper body. He was a little too skinny for his age, but his skin was so smooth and adorable, unlike his face. "Little Tenko is so adorable," I sang. When Tenko noticed I was looking at him he turned red, quickly tugging on his new shirt.

"Don't look," he muttered, running over to behind the pew where he pulled on his new pants. Awww, so shy and adorable. I wish I had time to have a kid of my own before I went back in time, I lamented.

"Here's a shirt for you, too." Father handed me a shirt. "I assume you can't wear a tank top anymore in this cold weather." I thanked him thoroughly before putting on my new shirt. Tenko appeared again and was wearing a droopy, white button up shirt with black slacks. He looked so dapper and adorable. I was wearing a blue plaid button up. It matched nicely with my overalls and braids. I looked like a cute little farm girl. I hadn't realized before but I was an adorable child.

"Thank you," I bowed deeply as I thanked Father. I then lightly hit Tenko in the back, indicating he should thank him too.

"Thanks!" Tenko squeaked, immediately bowing down as well.

"No need to thank me!" he laughed, jollily. "Now, what are your plans?"

"Our plans?" I questioned as Tenko and I lifted from our bows.

"What now? You've lasted one night in Tokyo, running away from your parents. But what about the future?"

I paused thoughtfully. "To be honest, I was hoping we could just stay here. You are very hospitable, Father," I answered honestly. This was the perfect living situation for two children. An orphanage was too dangerous for us to go. If we do, my mother could find us or Tenko and I could be adopted into separate families.

Father laughed again. "This is a church, you can't spend the rest of your days living here."

"Sure we can!" I insisted. Tenko took the queue and put on a sad pouting face. His wild eyes and scratched face failed to compliment his quivering lip, but it got the point across. Father stared at us with a look of contemplation for several moments before sighing.

"Here's some yen," he said, dropping a wad of 8000 yen in my hand. "If you go buy everything from this grocery list, I may consider it." He then handed me a grocery list, his shaky handwriting all over it.

I saluted and Tenko copied. "Yes, Father! We will be right back!" I almost didn't believe how convenient the situation was. The two of us could stay at the church, I could do chores for Father to help make money for Tenko's schooling, and once we were settled, Tenko and I could move out and get ready for his high school life at U.A.!

Tenko and I exited the church, greeted by sunlight, reflecting on the tall glass buildings of the city. The church looked tiny and old compared to all the buildings around it. If I remembered correctly, the market would be a couple streets over this way.

"Jikan," Tenko spoke as we walked on the city sidewalks. "You're adorable too." He shyly looked down at his feet, avoiding eye contact with me.

I nearly screamed with joy. I mean, I was a cute kid but when he says stuff like that, Tenko was clearly cuter! I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him into a tight hug. "You're just so cute I don't know what to do with myself!" I squealed.

He tried to push away from my grasp but I held him tight. "Okay, okay! I get it! I'm cute!" he gasped. I let go of him, and I watched as his cheeks turned red.

This makes me wish I got married and had my own child before I regressed, I pouted. I had dated many guys, but I guess I was a little picky. Something was always wrong with them, and the moment I spotted it, it was over. I guess I just was scared that if I committed to it, that problem would bother me in the future.

Before long, we made it to the market. Street stands were scattered through the streets. People were bargaining and buying. Vendors were shouting our sales and advertising their products. It had a cheerful atmosphere and made me feel slightly nostalgic.

I looked at the list Father gave us. "We have some fruits, flour, and sugar. Simple enough," I told Tenko. "Tell me if you spot some cheap stuff. We want the best deals." With one hand holding the shopping list, and the other gripping Tenko's hand, we walked through the market, making our way through crowds of people.

"Oh! Over there are some half off apples!" I smiled as I spotted them. "Let's head over there and—..." A man bumped into Tenko and I. He was large and dressed in a trench coat, so I didn't get a good look at his face. "S'cuse me, sir," I apologize. By the time I looked up at the man again, he was gone. When the man bumped into us, I had lost a grip on Tenko's hand. When I turned to grab him again, Tenko was gone. 

______________

Hiiii!

That is it for mass updates. There may be other mass updates, but for now the upload schedule will not have set uploads. Unless it's easier I can begin to do set uploads!

Thank you for reading! Can't wait to see you next episode~