Chapter 17

When Tenko and I had finally arrived at the mall, it was crowded. It was really surprising for a mall to be this crowded on a Monday. I started to debate whether coming was worth it or not.

"Do you remember where the comic store is?" I asked as somebody shouldered me and I bounced into Tenko. He caught me and pushed me back upright before pointing to the second floor of the mall.

"It's up that way. Next to that pizza place we always like to go to." Pizza sounded good right about now. Maybe we could go there afterwards.

Making our way up to the second floor it was even more crowded because it had a much more limited space than the first. I hated crowds. They made me claustrophobic. Tenko seemed to be a little bit fidgety as well. Understandably, since his quirk was dangerous enough to disintegrate this entire mall full of people.

I held out my hand for Tenko to take it. I had bad memories of him getting lost in crowds like this. As always, Tenko immediately took my hand as I guided him to the comic store.

By the time we arrived, there was a line to get inside. It seemed they were all waiting to get some limited edition All Might poster. Tenko's eyes sparkled at the idea and I laughed. "How about this," I suggested, "Since it's super crowded, you can wait in line for the poster and I'll go make reservations for pizza. When you get your poster we'll be immediately seated and ready to eat!"

"Sounds like a great idea," Tenko nodded, barely paying attention. He was too distracted by the idea of that poster hanging up in our room.

I laughed a little before letting go of his hand and heading over to the pizza place. Walking up to the front desk, I went to put in a reservation with the hostess.

"Oneesan, reservation for two please," I informed her.

She smiled and began to put in a reservation. "No problem, that'll be about a thirty minute wait—..."

"Wahhh!" Crying interrupted the two of us. "Mom, I don't wanna wait! I wanna eat now!" I turned around to see a little girl and her mom. The girl looked to be about eight or nine. She had blonde hair with straight cut across bangs, and two messy buns on either side of her head. Her eyes were a bright yellow, and when she wailed, it revealed her shiny, fanged teeth.

I instantly recognized her and froze. Himiko Toga. It had been so long that I had thought about her, I almost had forgotten she'd existed. I'd been so focused on Tenko and keeping him from becoming Shigaraki this entire time, that I hadn't thought of others that were a part of the League of Villains.

Vividly, I remembered the high school girl's maniacal laugh as I cried over my sister, Hana's, death. I felt like crying again with the refreshed memory, but I kept myself from it.

"Himiko," Toga-chan's mother scolded, "You have to wait your turn just like everybody else. Mind your manners." Toga-chan kept wailing and throwing a fit and I watched as the mother sighed, massaging her temples. "Why did I end up with such an insane child?" she muttered.

Insane? You're calling your own daughter insane? I thought frustratedly. Over the years that I had been back in time, I realized something. I couldn't blame a child for their actions, or what happened to them. They are still learning and it's not their fault. I felt maybe, if it weren't for the people around the child that had affected them, just maybe they would not have become a villain in the first place.

I understood that Toga-chan or other children could be troublesome, but anyone should love them just the same. I glanced at the tired eye bags that had collected underneath the mother's eyes. I should help them out.

"Excuse me, miss?" I politely approached the mother and daughter couple. Toga-chan kept crying, but the mother looked at me with a twitching smile.

"Yes?" she replied, pulling Toga-chan to her side, trying to quiet her down.