Chapter 11

Today I was meant to buy new cleaning supplies for church. As a twelve year old, it was pretty hard to find a job. So, Father Chris would pay for me doing chores around the church. I had been saving up for years for the tuition of U.A. and other expenses. I always tried to do my job well, as a thank you for Father Chris's generosity, so fresh cleaning supplies were a must.

I had just sent Tenko off to school and Father Chris was at the church preaching, so I was on my own as I walked to the store. I was wearing light pink sweats, a deep red, knitted sweater, and yellow rain boots. My black bag filled with money and my shopping list was slung around my shoulder and a character charm I had attached to it was jingling as I walked. My hair was down, bouncing and glittering in the breeze.

Whenever I was out like this, I felt mature, like an adult. I missed feeling mature and independent. The store I was going to today was significantly farther than the pharmacy and the food market. But it was okay, the walk was enjoyable.

Eventually, I had turned a corner and a large hotel loomed over me. It reached towards the sky and had a golden etch to it. I remembered this hotel. It was called the Tokyo Tower. On business trips I have stayed here a couple of times. It was a pretty nice hotel.

Then, I stopped. Sitting in front of the hotel, lonely on a bench, was Toya Todoroki. I gasped and he looked up at me, his blue eyes shining through his white hair.

"You!" he yelled, wide eyed and pointing at me, "Jikan, right?" Tenko had mentioned my name previously in the conversation we had yesterday. It was an odd coincidence that I would see Todoroki-san two days in a row.

"It's rude to point," I joked, walking up to him. I dusted off the bench beside him before pulling myself up and sitting next to him. "What are you doing here?" I asked, swinging my feet as I sat.

"My father and I have been vacationing in Tokyo the past few days," Todoroki-san informed me, matter-of-factly. "He brought me with him so we could visit a special doctor to check out my quirk. My quirk... it's weird. I have a firepower stronger than my father's but I don't have the resistance to the heat. My father doesn't want me to be a pro hero but... Still, I hope I can overcome it. I really want to become a pro hero someday." His eyes sparkled with determination.

Well, Todoroki-san wasn't going to become a pro hero. If he had, I'm sure I would have heard of him before I regressed. Any son of Endeavor would definitely make the news if they were to become a pro hero, just like their father. Take Shoto Todoroki, for example. I had seen him on the news plenty of times, and he had only become a U.A. student.

Also, I bet it wasn't easy knowing Todoroki-san had the chance to become a pro hero, but then his father disapproved of it simply because he was born with a quirk he couldn't resist.

"Wow! That's incredible! You wanna be a pro hero?" I queried. "My friend Shimura-kun also wants to be a pro hero, so I'm helping him out a little. Oh! He was the kid with me at the pharmacy yesterday."

Todoroki-san tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Yeah, I think I remember him. The little blue-gray haired one, right?"

"Mhm," I nodded. "Speaking of which, I noticed you were there to buy medicine for yourself. Are you feeling any better?"

He blinked at me several times, as if processing what I had just said. "Oh...," he finally said, a smile twitching on his face. Todoroki-san looked shy. "Yes! I'm feeling better. I just caught a little cold while traveling." He looked away from me, his face red.

I didn't know caring about somebody was enough to make someone so shy. "Are you flustered?" I teased, leaning over to poke him in the cheek. He swatted my hand away and I giggled.