Chapter 59

No... No, it couldn't be. I felt my heart constricted as panic seized my chest. Tenko... meeting with the villains? Meeting with All for One? I should have realized. It was all my fault. Back when U.A. was attacked, All for One had told Tenko exactly what he needed to hear. He told him that I was trying to suppress his true power, that I was holding him back, that I was scared of him. And All for One was right.

Tenko must have realized that. When he returned, he was not only convinced All for One might be good, perhaps he might have also been convinced All for One was a friend. All for One had always been watching the two of them, for years. From the moment he first gave Tenko his gloves, that he still wore to this day, to now.

"Are you sure? How do you even know this?" I asked Aida-chan, trying to keep my cool, even though I could feel a scream building up in my chest. If this really was true, and Tneko might be reverting back to his villainous roots, Hana wasn't safe yet. The disintegrated door knob seemed all the more frightening.

Aida-chan slowly nodded, brushing a red strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm sure. Tenko-kun is charming and collected in front of the cameras, but outside of that, he's been acting a little shifty," she explains. "Disappearing for random days at a time, giving no proper explanation as to where or why he'd gone.

"So, I decided to do a little digging of my own. He had kept it well hidden, but a couple interrogations of several villains revealed he had been meeting with them in Hosu." I could only imagine what an interrogation with Aida-chan would be like. Very persuasive I presumed.

I turned away, working my jaw. What was All for One planning, and what was Tenko's part in it? Even before I regressed, it was clear the League of Villains and All for One had been planning something big, but I was unaware.

All for One had memories before the regression as well, since he had stolen my father's quirk in that life. Maybe he was trying to get back on track with his old plans, retrieving Tenko because Shigaraki played an important role in them. Or maybe he was planning something completely different.

"You know something," Aida-chan interrupted my thoughts. My head snapped back towards her, my eyes wide.

"What?"

"You know something," she repeated. "I've thought this ever since the attack on the sports festival. You know something about Tenko-kun, about All for One, about all of this." Her gaze was serious. She seemed suspicious, as if she didn't entirely trust me. I wouldn't trust me either.

I shook my head, my lips feeling dry as I looked down at my laps. My fists clenched, my nails digging into my palms. The only other person who had been this intuitive was Father Chris. And...

Ugh, I missed him. Maybe if he was here I wouldn't have gotten myself into this mess. He would have known the right things to say and do. He would have stopped me before I made any stupid decisions. I wondered if Tenko still kept in contact with him. I hadn't contacted him since I'd left in fear that it would cause even more drama with Tenko. But now that Tenko has graduated and most likely no longer lives in the church with him, perhaps it would be safe.

I couldn't tell Aida-chan anything. She was a pro hero now. As much as I trusted her, it's her job to relay the information I tell her onto others so they could stop the situation. But, I was scared that if they found out about Tenko's past life, they'd start treating him like a villain—like Shigaraki—and that would make things worse. For now, I would generalize the information I told her.

"All for One is planning something big," I say, my heart thumping in my chest. "Why he needs Tenko, I don't know. But I do know that... I have stolen something from him—a couple somethings—and he might be a little upset about it." Those 'somethings' were a few members of his League of Villains. Tenko, Himiko-chan, and perhaps a little bit of Dabi. As for the rest of the members of the League, without a proper leader like Shigaraki, they couldn't have all congregated, leaving them as just scattered random villains without much power.