Chapter 9

Four years have passed since I first regressed. I hadn't realized this, but time passes really slowly when you're a child and incapable of doing anything...

I am now twelve, and Tenko is eleven. Father Chris had helped me enroll Tenko into elementary school, and he is a star student! Father Chris has tried to enroll me in school plenty of times, but I had convinced him I was receiving enough education just helping him do chores around the church.

Of course, Father Chris is far from gullible. He always looks at me with a skeptical look whenever I say stuff like that, but he chooses to believe it. At this point I'm unsure if he's all knowing or it's just God protecting me.

At this point, I still have not received my quirk. I should have gotten it several years ago, but the tally marks still have not appeared on my right wrist. It was definitely disappointing, I sure did love that quirk.

Originally, I had told Father Chris that Tenko had not gotten his quirk. But I later revealed to him what Tenko's quirk was, and he simply nodded in understanding of the situation. Gosh, I love his compliant attitude, I thought merrily as I swept the floors of the church.

Tenko would be coming home from school any moment now. Father Chris had asked me to take Tenko to the pharmacy to pick up new allergy pills for him once he had gotten home.

The allergy pills were really doing wonders. Tenko's skin was completely clear by now, as he wasn't itching anymore. He definitely looked a lot more presentable than when I had first found him. His blue gray hair was cut neatly, and his eyes had a softer edge to them now, yet you could still see the wild look in them every once in a while.

"Jikan! I'm home!" Tenko called excitedly, running up in his little backpack and school uniform to where I was sweeping. He constantly wore the gloves All for One gave him years ago. A subtle reminder that All for One was still out there.

I pulled him into a hug, dropping my broom and we spun around. "Welcome back!" I giggled. Throughout the years, Tenko had become much more possessive of me. If somebody talked to me from the church or in the streets, he would always try to pull me away from them or "protect" me from them. I found it adorable.

"Go put your backpack in the back. We're gonna go pick up some new allergy pills for you," I explained, sweeping up the dust pile I had collected while I finished cleaning up.

"Okay!" Tenko nodded vigorously before running to the back to drop off his backpack. When it came to me or Father Chris, Tenko would listen without a problem. But when it came to anybody else, he struggled with being obedient. As much as his teachers praised him for being smart, they constantly reprimanded him for causing trouble.

He's going to be a troublesome teenager, I thought with exhaustion as I dumped the dust I had collected into the garbage. Tenko appeared again and the two of us headed to the front door.

I grabbed our matching brown coats. It was winter, so it was a bit more chilly than usual. I looked down at Tenko as I slipped the coat onto him. By this time, I was much taller than him. About several inches. I remember that awkward time when girls were taller than all the guys fondly. It was hilarious.

I giggled slightly as I pulled my coat over my own clothes. Today I was wearing a maroon thermal, with high waisted, navy blue jeans, and brown boots. By this time I had grown out my bangs and I was starting to look much prettier. My facial features were developing nicely and I was starting to feel much more confident in my looks again. My hair was pulled into a ponytail, with a couple strands of hair hanging out.

Tenko instinctively held out his hand, and I grabbed it as we exited the church. "How was school today?" I asked as we walked on the city streets, our clenched hands swinging as we made our way to the pharmacy.

"I got an A+ on my math test today!" he responded cheerfully.

"And on your English test?" I countered.

"B-," he frowned. "English is hard. The grammar is super weird!" Tenko complained.

"It's okay," I patted his head with my other hand. "You just need to study hard next time. To get into U.A. you definitely need good grades."

As a kid, I remembered finding it super annoying when my mother used to pester me about grades. But now I understand why she did. By this time now, I figured I was presumed dead. Mother and Hana were probably just living their life without me. My disappearance was a memory of the past.

Once Tenko made it into U.A., I was determined to return to them. Hopefully much didn't change by the time I made it back home.

"So...," I began, a mischievous look on my face as I tried to escape my thoughts, "Are there any girls at your school? Y'know, ones that you think are cute?"

"W-What?!" Tenko's face turned bright red. It was fun teasing him.

"You're eleven. You've gotta be thinking about that sort of stuff by now." I know I was. I constantly had a crush on boys at that age.

"I don't!" Tenko insisted. "I don't like any of them!" He seemed really upset now, so I stopped pestering him.

"Alright," I laughed. I ruffled his hair with my other hand as we continued walking.

After several moments of silence, Tenko spoke up. "I don't want any girl, anyway, I just want you," he mumbled.

"Hm, what was that?" I turned to look at him. Sometimes he tended to mumble. I couldn't always pick up what he was saying.

"Nothing," Tenko said, lifting his head up before pointing to the pharmacy. "Look, we're almost there." He let go of my hand and dashed inside.

When we arrived inside, the line was pretty long. I frowned slightly. People must be needing more medicine because of the weather getting increasingly colder. "Tenko, you wait in line and I'll go look for the allergy pills." Tenko nodded and took a place in line while I headed to the isles of the pharmacy, looking for allergy pills.

As I was searching for the medicine, I felt a large presence loom over me. I slowly turned around and looked up to see a broad shouldered man blocking out the lights of the pharmacy, causing a dark shadow to cast over me. I immediately recognized the man. Endeavor.

Endeavor was the number one best pro hero before I regressed. For a long time it was the hero All Might, who bravely fought against All for One before retiring. Once All Might retired, Endeavor took the lead. I was always a big fan of his. His quirk was creating powerful fire, and he definitely was worthy of being a number one pro hero.

I almost squealed. As of now, he was in his casual clothing, his red spiky hair combed nicely upwards. "Excuse me," he grunted. "I need some of the medicine behind you." I hardly heard him. I stared in awe for several moments before he grunted again. "Young girl?"

"Oh! Right. Sorry," I apologized and bowed as I quickly shuffled out of the way. What was Endeavor doing at some pharmacy on the corner of the street? I watched as people in the pharmacy stared at him with gaping mouths.

As I stood in the middle of the aisle, waiting for my turn (that Endeavor had just stolen) I noticed a figure behind Endeavor. It was a boy, he seemed to be around my age, maybe even a little older.

Endeavor turned to the boy, who I now presumed to be his son. He presented him with two sets of cold pills. "Do you want this brand or this other one, Toya?"