chapter 12.

We sat in The Leaky Cauldron and bought more butter beers until it was time to go. The butter beers did give us more of a buzz which motivated us to actually walk back to Hogwarts without breaking down.

Hermione and I sit on her bed with the sweets we got from Honeydukes and I pull out my pick and mix bag. We gossip for a few minutes but laugh and joke for a while until it's time for the feast. Hermione and I made sure not to eat too many sweets so we would still be hungry enough to eat at the actual feast.

We sit down together at the Gryffindor table with Harry and Ron who are talking about the first Quidditch match tomorrow. It's Ravenclaw versus Slytherin and they're wagering who will win and who they even want to win. They mutually agree on wanting Ravenclaw to win but unfortunately they believe that Slytherin will come out on top. "You can't deny that Slytherin are good." Harry maturely says and Ron rolls his eyes.

"I know but I wish they weren't so we could see Malfoy dying from embarrassment." Ron says and Hermione chuckles.

"Bella can I talk to you please?" I turn my head to see Cedric stood there with his hands in his pockets. I nod my head and stand up. He gently grabs my hand and leads me outside of the great hall. We sit at the bottom of the steps and I tap my fingers on my knees.

"Uhm...how are you?" I nervously ask and Cedric avoids eye contact with me as he nods his head. "Good, good."

"Listen, I don't want to keep fighting." He begins and my nerves disappear.

"Me too." I nod and he pulls his lips into a thin line.

"So I think the only way for us to stop is if you stop taking to Malfoy and if you don't then...I don't want to do this anymore." Cedric says and I try my hardest not to scoff. I didn't want to talk to Malfoy anyway after what happened but Cedric can't think that he has the power to tell me what to do and give me an ultimatum.

"Okay I won't, I was planning on not talking to him anyway." I shrug. I'm annoyed at Cedric thinking that he can dictate who I talk to but I also don't want to break up.

"Thank you." Cedric looks me in my eyes and I force a smile. He gently presses his lips to mine but I feel nothing. Why am I comparing Malfoy and Cedric, something is actually wrong with me. "I love you."

"Love you too." I reply and he stands up. The brunette grabs my hand again and leads me back into the great hall.

• DRACO'S POV •

"How was your date with Melanie?" Pansy taunts as she sits across from me at the table.

"Alright." I shrug and she raises an eyebrow at me. I know she's just trying to pry for information but there's genuinely nothing for me to tell. Melanie was nice and all and we had a nice time but she was too...needy. We were only on a date and she was acting like I had been her boyfriend all of her life. And she was kind of boring. She was telling me about her pet hamster whose name I have forgotten but I managed to steer the conversation in another direction.

"Did you kiss her?" Blaise asks, tilting his head back as he allows a cube of ice to fall into his mouth. I nod my head and he laughs as the ice cracks under his teeth. "So you kissed her but the date was 'alright'?"

"Yes." I reply and Pansy rolls her eyes at me. "If it makes you feel any better the kiss wasn't alright."

"Good or bad?" Blaise asks, eating a different ice cube and I grimace as my answer. Melanie probably is a good kisser but she did nothing for me. She was all over me instead of the other way around.

"I kissed her before, she's great what do you mean?" Blaise scoffs. I almost forgot about Blaise and Melanie. They shared a kiss in a game of suck and blow at a party in our common room after we'd won the Quidditch game and we'd actually allowed whoever to come in.

"She was average." I quip and Blaise scoffs once more. "What do you want me to say? If she's such a great kisser then obviously she was more into the game of suck and blow."

"Or more into me than you." Blaise brags and I shrug once more. The door to the great hall opens once again and I glance over to see Parker walking in with Cedric and holding his hand. I stare as she kisses his cheek before letting go of his hand and she looks at me.

Shit.

I quickly look away and pretend like I was talking to my friends. I don't know how I feel about Parker now. She's still annoying and she angers me so much but I loved that kiss with her yesterday and when Melanie was kissing me all I could think about was Parker. I regretted kissing her as soon as she'd walked away but now I just want to kiss her again, to make sure if I even liked it or not.