chapter 45.

"It was a mistake." The blonde defends and I shake my head."It was- I promise you it was."

"A mistake is forgetting to revise for a test; a mistake is forgetting to bring your quill to lesson. A mistake isn't fucking someone two days before you tell someone else that you love them!" I respond and he huffs.

"Yes it was - I shouldn't have done it but I did and I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He says and I shake my head once more. He says nothing else and neither does anyone else, including me. "I didn't cheat
on you so why the fuck are you mad. Besides it's not like you're one to talk."

I almost slap him once again.

How dare he actually throw that in my face, I have not once said that he cheated on me so why is he bringing it up?

• DRACO'S POV •

I keep my eyes on her, waiting for her to look at me and forgive me, but she doesn't look once. I notice tears swelling in her eyes and a pant of guilt shoots through. "Parker, don't cry." I say quietly, reaching to wipe the tears from her eyes but she slaps my hand away and wipes them away herself, biting down on her bottom lip to stop herself from sobbing.

She avoids looking at me as everyone stays silent.

I stare at her, hoping that she'll turn to look at me and let this go...she doesn't. "I'm gonna go." She announces after a while and I try to stop myself from continuing this argument but I can't.

"Parker-

"No." The brunette interrupts as she begins to walk away.

"I'm-

"No." She repeats, exiting the common room and I lean forward and place my hands over my face; groaning into them.

"You handled that beautifully." Pansy comments and Goyle laughs. I drag my hands down my face before looking at them all.

"Why the fuck would you willingly-on purpose piss her off?" Blaise asks and I roll my eyes. It wasn't on purpose, she was pissing me off. She has no reason to be mad at me, I get it that I hurt her but I didn't betray her by cheating on her. "And why would you-

"Because I did!" I interrupt and the brunette shakes his head. "Why do you give a shit? Just stay out of it! She wasn't going to listen to me either way so it's better to piss her off and have her leaving here mad at me than have it any other way."

"...unless she actually forgave you, I'm sure you would have preferred that." Crabbe shrugs and I cock my head to the side.

I don't even know at this point.

She got pissed about something that happened before we even dated. The worst part is that I knew this would happen, as soon as she got upset at me saying we were nothing I knew that whatever I said/did she would blow out of proportion. Blaise got all in my head and filled it with the fact that I love her and shit and I do...I think I do anyway.

If I love her I should be more...upset right now, right? I should be wanting to go after her and make her forgive me but I don't. I like her. I know I like her but now I'm skeptical about my love for her.

No...no I'm not. I love her.

When she came straight to me after revising in the library and when I made out with her...both times. That was amazing. I loved it, usually I don't care but I loved it and I loved that it was her.

But do I love her?

"No I wouldn't." I decide and Blaise rolls his eyes. "Shit was easier before I kissed her."

• ISABELLA'S POV •

Wrong.

So many things have gone wrong in the span of one week. This day started out as the best day of my life but now I just want the ground to swallow me whole.

I woke up with Malfoy in my arms and now I'm leaving his room with his flesh from his cheek on my fingertips. I never want to go into that common room again- actually it is quite nice in there.

I never want to see Malfoy again.

That intolerable, selfish little...dickhead. I'm not mad that he slept with Melanie- actually I am mad that he slept with Melanie but what I'm seriously mad at is that he had to sleep with someone else two days before telling me he loves me.

You don't do that to someone if you really love them.

I know I cheated on Cedric and Malfoy didn't cheat on me but he slept with her, I kissed Malfoy; there's a difference. Mine lasted for three minutes, max. His lasted for... I don't know-longer than three minutes.

The worst part is that he seriously doesn't care.

He couldn't even say 'I'm sorry, I love you'. I don't know if I would have forgiven him...I probably wouldn't have but he still didn't say it. He just said that he meant it, which is idiotic because clearly he didn't.

The words 'I do love you' never left his mouth and that also hurts. My whole argument was based on the fact that he physically can't love me after being intimate with some other girl before telling me that he 'loves' me yet he still couldn't say it.

I'm done with him.

I've said it before and I haven't really meant it but I do now. I can't stop thinking about this. I want to think about how it feels when he calls me 'Bella', how happy I am when we're laughing and joking, how it feels when he kisses me but all I can think about is him being on top of her and not even thinking about me while he did it.

He continuously told me he loves me last night and I knew it was the alcohol talking but I didn't now it had that big of an effect on him that he only would say it once or twice to me in broad daylight.

Hermione is always right, I've realised.

She's correct academically and...Malfoy-wise. She told me to be careful and I wasn't; look what's happened. She also told me to not trust that he loves me but I did trust it; look what's happened.

I'm just going to listen to Hermione from now on. She's the wisest person I've ever met and obviously the most trustworthy. She always was but I naively thought...'Malfoy won't be like that he really loves me, he's just scared and doesn't know how to act in a relationship'.

He most certainly knows not to sleep with someone else yet he did it anyway.

Maybe I am being hypocritical but this isn't about Cedric. It's about Malfoy and I but...there shouldn't be a Malfoy and I. We were stupid to even go there. I don't know what we were thinking, or if we were even thinking at all.

None of this should have happened.