chapter 82.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

Malfoy and I have been through a lot and our biggest problem is that we don't give up. We should have broken up many times and it should have stayed that way but no, I can't deal with things being unresolved and he won't let me go.

Although, I'm actually grateful for that. I'm reminded of how much he does care for me and how much he wants me but that doesn't necessarily mean that he loves me - but I guess that's not the point, not anymore.

We hit the reset button.

I don't know what that means but I'll try it because no matter how much he hurts me, I can't bare to be without him. He's like my own personal brand of heroine and I'm too addicted.

But I need to not think about him, as hard as that task will be, I have more important things than him in my life - like my friends, my family and my education and I've stumbled on all of them things ever since I got involved with the cocky blonde whom I've fallen heavily for.

"Have you noticed that they argue much less?" Harry questions, nodding in the direction of Hermione and Ron, who are sat in the armchairs in front of the fireplace.

"I have actually." I agree, tucking my hair behind my ears. "They still bicker, though."

"Oh no, I agree." Harry nods and I chuckle, "But do you think that's why they were always arguing, because they liked each other?"

"Maybe." I shrug and he narrows his eyes at me. "...what?"

"That seems to be the running theme with us. You and Malfoy always argued and then you got together and the same thing for Mione and Ron." Harry analyses. "Who do I argue with a lot?"

"Snape." I answer and he rolls his eyes. I laugh and shake my head. "You don't really argue with anyone. Plus, you don't necessarily have to always argue, I think that's just the way it's all happened."

"Maybe." The boy hums, "You ready for divination?"

"Of course!" I reply, "I'm sure Hermione wants to kill herself, though."

Harry laughs as our two friends walk and stand beside us at the table. Hermione groans before huffing and crossing her arms. "We have divination. I want to kill myself." She complains and I smirk at Harry.

"I told you." I quip before standing up and Hermione rests her head on my shoulder as she pretends to cry. "Don't kill yourself just yet, we have charms afterwards."

"Yes but how long is divination?" The girl asks, lifting her head from my shoulder and fixing her hair.

"...two hours." Ron slowly says and Hermione pulls her lips into a thin line and pretends to sob. "But after charms you guys have maths."

"Great. Mathematics with Malfoy and his friends without you guys, I can't wait." She sarcastically says and I laugh.

"They aren't that bad." I defend and she raises her eyebrow at me, "Okay fine. They are but they're actually silent so it's fine."

"Silence isn't good enough. Their presence annoys me." She complains as we all exit the common room. "No offence, of course. I'm sure Malfoy is much different when it's just the two of you...otherwise you would be complaining with me."

"Right you are. Now let's go learn more about the future." I tease, wrapping my arm around her neck and walking her to divination with Harry and Ron behind us.

• DRACO'S POV •

"This is bullshit." I mutter to Blaise and he nods his head. The purple crystal ball in front of us gleams but does nothing else other than that. "Two hours of this shit, you've got to be kidding me."

"It's alright. We're got charms after." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"Was that supposed to make me feel better?" I ask and he shrugs dramatically. "I've already got a slight headache, I don't need Flitwick's whiny voice making it worse."

"Watch it. If your girlfriend hears you saying that she'll probably kill you." The boy taunts and I chuckle. "Why've you got a headache?"

"I don't know. All I know is that it hurts and it's pissing me off." I snap, "What have we got after maths?"

"Potions." He kisses his teeth and I inhale deeply.

"This is the worst day ever." I claim, sitting back in my seat as Professor Trelawney talks to Neville about his crystal ball being cracked and that means he's going to die in two years.

It's all bullshit.

"We've got Transfiguration last." He states and I look at him. "The day's better now, isn't it?"

"Shut up." I nudge him for teasing me and he laughs. I bite my cheek to stop myself from smiling at the idea of Transfiguration. "I only like the lesson because-

"Because you sit next to your girlfriend and can talk to her the whole time." He interrupts and I roll my eyes.

He's not wrong.

"Because..." I begin, "it's easy."

"Fucking liar. That's the lesson you're probably worst at yet you're still third or second best." He states and I smirk.

I didn't even have to brag about that one, he did it for me.

"It's basically a free lesson. Parker and I finish the work in a second." I shrug, crossing my arms and looking at Professor Trelawney explaining to Granger why her crystal ball is brighter than everyone else's but the girl looks as if she couldn't care less.

"Free lesson? With McGonagall? You've gone mad." Blaise quips and I laugh. "I have a quick question, though."

"Go on." I nod.

"Last night you were yelling at Parker and this morning you were yelling at Lizzy. What the fuck happened? And the bite mark on Parker's fucking neck could have two explanations: you either fucked her and did it or you're a weirdo who likes biting people's necks." Blaise says and I laugh at the last part.

"Lizzy was actually saying shit, my mistake for being an imbecile and not believing Parker." I raise my hands beside my head and seethe, "but I realised that I'm basically a dickhead because Parker may or may not have broken down and I hated seeing her like that so it was obvious she definitely wasn't lying. And I don't want to be the one who makes her like that, I want to be the one who comforts her if she ever gets sad so I'm being better...to her. I don't give a fuck about changing for you guys."

"Wow thanks, I love you too." Blaise replies sarcastically and I laugh. "Another question though, how the fuck are you going to be better? No offence to you of course but Cedric treated her pretty well so you'd have to at least get to his level or be better."

"Cedric's an irrelevant dickhead who couldn't keep her satisfied." I insult and Blaise raises an eyebrow.

"You're right but what matters most? Her being happy or her being satisfied?" He questions and I suck on my cheek. "Exactly."

"I will do both" I shrug and he scoffs. "I will."

"You'll try, maybe, but you will? No." He quips and I roll my eyes.

"Just watch. I'll do both and then you can shut up." I challenge and he laughs.