chapter 40.

"We don't need to do basic multiplication." Hermione complains as she finishes writing answers to the first column of the timetable sheet.

"Revision, Mione." I remind her and she rolls her eyes. Mathematics was her favourite class but because of these exams it's her least favourite. I agree that it is far fetched for them to make us learn the two times tables all over again when they are possibly the easiest ones.

"It makes no sense- who doesn't know five times four?" She rants, writing twenty next to the equals sign. I laugh at her and finish the second column of the parchment.

The Quidditch game was amazing. Gryffindor won with 280-120 and Harry caught the snitch without the Hufflepuff seeker even seeing it. Hermione and I were more than thrilled but not even as happy as Harry and Ron were.

"Well...I don't know about you but Ron seems a little rusty." I joke and Hermione laughs. Our Professor is Professor Septima Vector, she's a very calm teacher and she prefers people to 'have personality' and 'have fun' so she doesn't care if people talk or mess about in lesson - if Harry and Ron were in this lesson they would have a field day.

"He's always been rusty." She shakes her head and smiles and I analyse her. It's a proper smile, one that I often try to hide from Malfoy but I'm sure he's seen it and it boosts his ego even more.

"Hermione." I begin and she looks at me. "Do you have a crush?"

"No." She answers straight away and I smirk. "Crushes are immature, if you like someone you should just say it. There's no reason to keep it a secret."

"Maybe." I shrug and she nods her head. "But your mind might change when you actually like someone."

"Well I don't." Hermione reassures and I pull my bottom lip in between my teeth.

"You could tell me, you know that right? I'm not one to judge." I say and she chuckles. "I mean...if you and Ron-

"That's insulting." She jokes and I smile. For the rest of the lesson, Hermione and I finish doing many multiplication columns while talking and making jokes.

After Mathematics, we walk to the Defence Against The Dark Arts classroom and Hermione mutters under her breath about having Snape as our teacher. Harry and Ron join us and the three of them all complain about Snape. I smile and laugh as Hermione Ron insult the man and Harry nudges the two of them once he approaches. "In." The black haired-man's voice orders and Hermione rolls her eyes before entering the classroom first.

We pile in after her and find our seats and eventually the classroom fills up. Snape does not give us the luxury of going over old subjects and instead we learn new spells, which are unfortunately forbidden so we cannot even try them.

After an agonisingly long day of bad lessons, Hermione and I sit in the library revising for Charms because we have it tomorrow. "Hey." A male's voice says and we both look to see Cedric. "Mind if I join you?"

"Of course not." I answer and he offers me a smile before sitting at the table with us.

"What are we revising for?" The brunette asks and Hermione stops writing.

"Charms." I answer and we all begin quizzing each other on charms spells. I weirdly like how this day has gone, it has brought me a sense of nostalgia. This time last year, I was actually in the library: studying for lessons with Hermione and Cedric.

The only difference is that I love someone else now.

After an hour of studying for charms, we all disperse from the library and I happily skip to the dungeons to talk to Malfoy. I gently knock on the door and to my aching surprise, Pansy opens it. "He's in his room." The brunette snaps and I bite my tongue instead of dishing her some witty comeback. I push past her and open the door to the boys dormitory. Instead of it being empty, like it usually is, there actually boys in here. They all seem shocked to see a Gryffindor but they don't seem shocked that I'm a female, which is oddly worrying.