chapter 50.

• DRACO'S POV •

It's been a week since Parker and I...resolved things.

I've kept my friends in the dark like I said I would and I prefer it this way. I don't want Pansy yapping in my ear like a stupid dog and complaining because I'm with Parker and I also don't want Blaise acting like a therapist and giving me weird ass advice. Crabbe and Goyle stayed out of it anyway and just shared their comments every now and then so I wouldn't really care if they find out but I still won't tell them voluntarily.

I actually focused on my school work seen as though the exams are a month closer.

In reality I should have been revising the first day we came back to school this term but I didn't so I'll take this time to catch up. I'm okay with every other lesson except from Transfiguration...still. I haven't grasped the concept of it yet and it's pissing me off.

It's such a hard lesson for no reason.

Surprisingly, I'm actually third highest in the class...the first being Granger. Unfortunately I don't want to be third, I want to be first but that title will be very hard for me to take from Granger. It's easy in potions because she already knows I'm a 'threat' to her perfect academic abilities but in Transfiguration, her competition is Parker and I'm sure that they revise together for everything.

I need to stop thinking about this and just revise.

I open the Transfiguration book and snatch the candle from the table in front of me (in the boys' dormitory). I grab my wand from my pocket and mutter the spell under my breath.

It doesn't change.

I groan and lean back on the chair. I'm freaking out about these stupid tests now and I've never cared about exams before but I care a lot about these ones.

I want to work for the ministry some day, I don't know what field yet but I know that I belong working in the ministry office.

If I'm not working there, I'll own it.

Either way works for me to be honest but I can't expect to own or even work at the ministry if I can't at least pass Transfiguration.

Maybe if McGonagall wasn't the teacher then I probably wouldn't be freaked out so much but she's always applying more and more pressure every single lesson; bugging us to be revising for the class everyday every single chance that we get and if we don't then we fail. She may be right seen as though I can't seem to change the candle into whatever I want to but I won't fully admit that.

I was able to change a book into a rose at the start of term...I should have given that rose to Parker. It's not something I'd do but she'd probably appreciate it, even though she was with Diggory but that doesn't matter. If she can kiss me then she could have accepted a rose from me-

I need to think straight.

I point my wand at the candle again and close my eyes. "You need to clear your head." Someone advises and I open my eyes to see Melanie. "Hey."

Shit.

"What are you doing here?" I question as she pulls out a chair and sits opposite me. She's awfully close to me and I find that stupid seen as though she's the one who told Parker a month ago. I don't usually hold grudges but I can make an exception, like I have done with Diggory.

"I came to talk to you." She answers, grabbing the unlit candle. "If you're trying to change this then you need to clear your head. Closing your eyes won't help you do that, you just need to breathe in and out...like you're meditating."

"Why are you-

"Bella taught me that." Melanie interrupts and I bite my tongue as she places the candle where it previously was. "She taught me second year. I thought you'd know how to do this spell by now- I thought you mastered it."