chapter 56.

THE NEXT DAY

• DRACO'S POV •

I finish going through the charms book and write down multiple spells which I cannot seem to remember so I can practice them at a later date. "Look at this one. You can make someone grow antlers." Pansy laughs and I chuckle. "Anteoculatia. I'm going to try this, can I try it on you?"

"If you want to lose your life then sure." I warn and I look up from the book to see her reaction - eye rolling.

"Hmm a cheering charm, I might use that on you." She continues before giggling at her own joke and I laugh sarcastically.

"Ebublio." I cast, grabbing my wand and pointing at the girl sat across from me. Pansy rolls her eyes as a large bubble surrounds her and I smile. "Now shut up."

"I can still talk, you know? You didn't take away those abilities-

"Don't tempt me." I interrupt, looking back down at my book and she huffs. I'll let her out of the bubble when I feel like it, unfortunately for her I'm not in the mood to let her out.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

I finish braiding the other side of my hair and I tilt my head to the side as I analyse how I look.

I look like a nine year old.

I huff and begin to unbraid my hair. "Why are you so stressed about your hair? You're only going to sleep." Hermione quips as she sits on the floor, next to me, in front of the mirror. She helps to unbraid the other side and I offer her a smile as a thank you.

"Because I...want it to be styled nicely when I wake up." I answer and the girl furrows her brows at me in the mirror. "Listen, if most of my time is going to be consumed with studying for these exams then I have hardly any time to even look presentable. Therefore if I do my hair the night before I have more time to revise."

"That is very extreme." Hermione comments as she runs her fingers through the side of my hair. "Now tell me the real reason. Is it boy related...Cedric related?" I look at her and she smirks at me in the mirror.

"Why Cedric." I ask and the girl sighs as she grabs the bamboo brush from in front of me and she shuffled behind me to begin brushing my hair.

"Because he's the only guy, other thank Malfoy and you've been there; done that." The brunette answers and I slowly nod my head. "I knew you and Cedric would get back together. You were so in love. Malfoy was just a phase- a fling. He came and he passed."

"...do you really think that?" I question as she begins to part my hair down the middle.

"Yeah, I mean, you and Malfoy lasted a day whereas you and Cedric lasted for years." The girl reminds and I nod my head once more. "Why didn't you tell us about Cedric, though? We actually like him."

"I'm not with Cedric, Mione." I correct and she furrows her brows and hums.

"So who is the guy you're getting dressed up for?" She questions and I start playing with my fingers while she begins to fishtail braid my hair.

"...no guy." I lie and she scoffs. "I don't have to be getting dressed up for a guy, Mione."

"I know you don't." She shrugs and I smile. "But you are so...who is he? Or if you can't tell me who he is tell me what he's like."

"...he's cute." I begin and she smiles at me in the mirror. "He's really nice, yesterday I ranted to him for two hours about Pride and Prejudice and he didn't complain once instead he asked me all these different questions and seemed interested in what I was saying."