chapter 80.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

***

I stare at the purple bruise on my neck and seethe as I run my fingers along the teeth marks.

Luckily, we have a day off today so I don't have to rush to get to class but I still don't know what to do with this mark. "Let me see." Malfoy says from behind me. I move my hand away and stare in the mirror as he brushes my hair to the side and peers at the bruise. "Shit."

"Don't touch it." I complain, swatting his hand away as he attempts to. "It hurts when you do that."

"Sorry." He raises his hands beside his head and tuts. "Do you have any makeup?"

"Why? Do you want some?" I question and the boy rolls his eyes.

"You can cover it, you imbecile." He corrects and I laugh. "Do you want some ice?"

"Yes please." I quip and he kisses my head before exiting his dorm room. I exhale deeply and sit on the floor as I stare at the bruise. I've never had to deal with hickeys and I'm surprised it's taken so long for me to get one but now I wish it never came.

"You alright there?" Blaise asks, entering the room and I nod my head. His eyes drop to the coloured patch on my neck and a smile teases his lips so I cover my neck with my hair. "What happened to your neck?"

"As if you don't know." I remark and he laughs, "I'm sure Malfoy told you."

"Nope." He replies, "I didn't even know Malfoy fucked you until truth or dare, he doesn't brag about that shit. Where is Draco anyway?"

"He went to get ice." I answer, tapping my legs with my fingers.

"Why? It's just a hickey, it'll go in a couple of days just cover it with your hair or makeup...or both." The boy shrugs and I cock my head to the side. "What?"

"Judging by Draco's reaction I think it may be worse than that." I comment and Blaise furrows his brows.

"Show me." The brunette waves his hand and I push my hair onto my other shoulder. He wanders over to me and tilts my head up to get a good enough look.

His warm breath fans against my neck and goosebumps rise all over my body. His fingertips gently caress the teeth marks and he hums. "Is he a vampire?" Blaise whispers and I laugh.

"Why are you whispering?" I ask and he shakes his head as he shrugs and laughs. The boy tucks the short strands of hair behind my ear to move them out of the way and I look into his eyes. "You're only looking at the bruise...right?"

"...yeah." He hesitates and I turn my head the other way.

"Okay." My voice fails me and comes out quieter than a whisper.

"It does look bad." Blaise quips and I look at him once more. "Good thing Malfoy went to get you some ice, right?"

"Yeah." I agree and the door opens. I snap my head to look at Malfoy and Blaise clears his throat.

"Yeah it does look bad." He comments, stepping away from and removing his hands from my face.

I chew the inside of my cheek as guilt washes over me and Malfoy throws the ice in the air before catching it. "Got you an ice pack instead." He voices, "I had to cut my hand so I could but it's alright."

I notice the small plaster in the palm of his hand and he passes the blue ice pack. "Thank you." I mumble, placing it on my neck and Blaise steps back from the bed as Draco sits beside me.

He's going to yell, I can feel it.

Instead of flipping out, like I thought, the blonde wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer towards him. "Lizzy's not gonna bother us anymore." Blaise announces.

"Good. She was like mud on the bottom of your shoe that just never goes away." Malfoy complains and Blaise nods his agreement.

"I'm going to go fly around for a bit, do you guys want to join?" Blaise asks and Malfoy shakes his head. "Parker?"

"I'm fine, thanks." I reply and Blaise waves at the two of us as he leaves. As soon as the door closes once more, Draco removes his arm from me and stands from his bed. "...everything oh-

"My best friend, really?" He asks, crossing his arms and I swallow my guilt. "I was gone for two seconds, I fucking cut myself with a steak knife so I could get you something that could help and meanwhile you're in here ready to go for round two with Blaise."

"That's not...I don't even know what was going on." I stammer and he scoffs.

"Real airtight defence, Bella, thank you I love that." The boy sarcastically comments and I chew on my bottom lip. "I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, what goes around comes around, and considering how we got together I guess this was bound to happen at some point."

"Woah." I react, "Don't blame that on me. You kissed me, I didn't initiate anything! And I didn't cheat on you, okay? He said he wanted to look at my neck so I let him and that's it."

"If I came in a few seconds later you'd be fucking on my bed." He remarks and I roll my eyes. "We were supposed to restart but we can't do that if we're both not into it anymore! So if you want Blaise, then go, have him but don't string me along. That's what you were saying with Lizzy, right?"

"Draco, you need to relax." I comment, "I was...asking you to fuck me not long ago, my feelings for you aren't going away because another male was close to me. And I'm not some serial cheater so stop trying to paint me as one. Maybe the circumstances of the beginning of our relationship weren't perfect but don't use them against me."

"...whatever." He shrugs and I tilt my head to the side. "You need to go, right, you should do that. Go talk to your friends and let them know you're alright."

"They'll know that I'm here-

"I don't care." The boy interrupts, "You said before that you needed to go so go."

He's kicking me out?

"Okay." I mutter, sliding off his bed, and I rummage through my robes to make sure I still have everything and I do. "I'll see you later?"

He says nothing and instead he stuffs his hands in his pockets. "Please don't hold this against me, I didn't do anything!" I complain.

"Restart. We're restarting so we'll just forget about this." He stutters and I slowly nod my head. "Alright then so stop talking about this."

"...okay." I hesitate, "I love you."

"Yeah." He nods, "Love you too."

Big different between I love you and love you.

Instead of saying anything and pissing him off even more, I decide to leave his room and find my friends.