chapter 20.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

I manage to get through the whole day with my friends and avoid the subject of Cedric and I. I don't know how I'm supposed to tell them that we've broken up because if I tell them that then I'm going to have to tell them about my kiss with Malfoy and I know they won't take that news lightly. I'm sure there would be torches and a guillotine involved in the aftermath.

After a full day of lessons I am ready to pass out but I know I have to study for DATDA so instead of falling asleep in my bed like I really want to, I wander to the library and sit at a table at the back of the room. I open my Defence Against The Dark Arts book and scan over multiple words and try my hardest to remember everything I'm reading. "Fascinating book you've got there." I look up to see Cedric. I blink my eyes at him and he sits down across from me. "Hey."

"...hi." I hesitantly say. He broke up with me less than twenty four hours ago and now he's acting like he didn't. We ripped each other's hearts out and he's acting like we're friends. I would like to be friends but after what I did to him I don't think I can be. I shouldn't be it's not right. "Uhm how are you?"

"I'm okay. I knew you'd be here." The brunette converses and I nod my head. "What are you studying for?"

"Defence Against The Dark Arts." I quip and he cocks his head to the side. Cedric has never liked that lesson and he was glad to be rid of it last year.

"Talked to Malfoy at all?" He asks me and I try my hardest not to react in the worst way possible. Why is he even asking me this, we broke up. He broke up with me. It doesn't matter if I spoke to Malfoy or not, it's not his place to know that or even ask it.

"Why does it matter?" I question and he scoffs. Why is he scoffing?

"Wow did you talk to him right after we broke up or did you at least wait twelve hours?" The brunette scoffs and I close my book.

I'm beginning to hate this library.

"Cedric what do you want to hear? We broke up! You can't be mad at me for talking to someone when we're broken up, it's ludicrous." I argue, making sure to keep my voice low to not disturb the other students.

"I can be mad when you're talking to the boy who is the reason for why we broke up in the first place." He spits and I grab my quill and book before standing up. "You always walk away."

"And you always ask about Malfoy." I quip as he follows me out of the library. "Why did you sit down? Did you just want to know if I'd kissed him again? If we'd spoken?"

"No! I thought you'd be a little decent and respectful and not communicate with him for a while for my sake but who am I kidding? You can't go a whole day without talking to the guy. You're obsessed with him!" Cedric insults and I roll my eyes.

"We kissed once! And since then we haven't been close to doing it again so I don't understand why you're mad! You're confused about why I'm always talking to him but I can't talk to you without you bringing him up and arguing with me about him!" I yell at him as I run down some steps.

He follows me.

"You kissed while we were together, Bella what don't you understand? It's hurtful! I thought you loved me but you're catching feelings for Malfoy and you don't even have the human decency to admit it!" Cedric yells back.

"What?" A new voice asks and we both look to see my friends. It appears to be Hermione who said that. "You cheated on Cedric?"

"You have feelings for Malfoy?" Ron grimaces and I just went the ground to swallow me whole.

"You two broke up?" Harry questions and Cedric nods. His face is red and he looks like he could kill someone, probably Malfoy.

"Yep! Cause she kissed Malfoy. And where the hell were you last night, why did your friends not know where you were?" Cedric asks, turning to look at me and I can feel all of their eyes on me.

"You lied?" Hermione exclaims and I cover my hands with my sleeves.

"Yes I lied." I admit and my friends all scoff. "Yes Malfoy and I kissed. Yes Cedric and I broke up. And no I was not with Cedric last night."

"Then where were you?" Harry repeats and I spot a bleach blonde walking towards us.

Oh for gosh sakes!

"With Malfoy probably-

"Are you really that obsessed with me, Diggory?" Malfoy leans against the wall and my friends all turn to look at him. "Because why am I always hearing that you're talking about me?"

"You and Isabella kissed?" Ron asks and the blonde widens his eyes and puffs out his cheeks.

"Oh." Is all he says. "Is that why the Brady Bunch are all here arguing?"

"I should kill you." Cedric informs and the blonde laughs and covers his mouth with his hands to stop himself.

"I'm sorry." He says, recomposing himself and Hermione looks like she could have a heart attack with this whole (messy) situation. "Why should you kill me? You two are broken up."

"Of course he knows about it." Cedric quips, turning to look at me. "Did you run straight to him after I left?"

"Okay it wasn't like that." I defend and Cedric scoffs and runs a hand through his hair. "I went to slap him, I promise."

"Yeah she did slap me." Malfoy agrees and I nod my head. "It was weak but...we won't talk about that."

"So not even an hour after we'd broken up you were already with Malfoy." Cedric states and I reflect on the situation.

It looks bad.

"Was it Malfoy who you were with last night?" Harry asks and I look at the blonde. I can't lie because they know I wasn't with Cedric.

"Yes." I quietly say and Cedric exhales. "Cedric what is your problem? We've broken up! Why does this matter to you?"

"Because I still love you but you're falling for this guy!" Cedric yells, pointing at Malfoy.

"That's a little extreme." The blonde comments and Cedric clenches his fists and huffs. "It was one time, Diggory. Let it go. How did you even find out anyway?"

"I saw it." Cedric answers and Ron smacks his lips together and Malfoy scratches the back of his neck. "Wow speechless? Have you finally learnt to keep your mouth off of other people's girlfriends?"

"No." Draco shrugs and Cedric clenches his fists by his sides. "Well...I'm sorry but in all seriousness, she's not your girlfriend anymore. Why are you still pissed about it? Nothing happened when she slept with me, if that makes you feel any better."

"Phrase that differently, please." I beg and the blonde smirks. The anger that I feel is slowly slipping away every moment that I stare at that smile.

That damn smile.