chapter 34.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

I need to get myself together.

I skipped a lesson, which is awfully not like me, and I haven't revised for any subjects in a while - I forgot what Transfiguration was for crying out loud! These things happened because of Malfoy and now he's gone/done with me so I shall focus on what really matters: my education.

I tie my hair into a bun on top of my head and open my Transfiguration book. I spend two hours going through the whole book: giving myself exam questions, writing down the correct answer if I got it wrong and by the end of it I'm confident I know everything.

When McGonagall held me back after class, she told me to get back on track because it was obvious I had...gone off of it. Apparently, Hagrid snitched and told her that I skipped my lesson so she took ten points off Gryffindor for that. She reminded me that my education was the most important thing to me at the start of term and she said she doesn't know what changed but I need to get my priorities straight and she's right.

I need to stop crying over Malfoy and cry over my grades...or something like that. I just need to not think about Malfoy.

"Come on. Just play one game of cards with us." Ron attempts to persuade Hermione who continuously keeps on telling him no. "You revised yesterday-

"And I need to do it again today." Hermione interrupts and I smile. She's only revising because she doesn't want to leave me alone but I'm fine. Ron rolls his eyes before sitting down and sharing the cards with Harry.

• DRACO'S POV •

"Don't be a pussy. If you love her then tell her." Blaise complains and I huff. "Seriously, Malfoy. You know she loves you too."

"That's exactly it." I reply, "she loved Cedric too."

"And she cheated on the son of a bitch with you." Blaise reminds and I sigh. "Listen, she was pissed because you said you wouldn't be her boyfriend. Obviously she's going to want to be with you, Malfoy. You're hurting yourself by not telling her. You could get what you wanted if you just spoke to her about it."

"Yeah, you seriously think that?" I ask and my friend nods his head.

"This shit happened last night, you both have had time to calm down and think this through. Talk to her." Blaise recommends and I run my hand down my face. "It'll be too late one day, Malfoy. You've already waited one."

• ISABELLA'S POV •

I listen to the familiar sound of Hermione and Ron bickering while we eat dessert and Harry and I laugh as they throw stupid insults at each other. I feel like I haven't seen/spoken to my friends in ages and now I'm glad that I have.

"Uh..." Hermione stops arguing and I look up from my plate and glance at her. "Bella..."

"What?" I question and I follow her gaze.

Malfoy.

"I need to talk to you." The blonde announces and I can already feel the tears on their way. If I'm going to focus on my schoolwork then I need to not tear up every time I see him but the pain is still raw.

"No. What you need to do is go fall into a ditch." Hermione corrects and Ron snickers meanwhile Harry smirks.

"I have my opinions on you too, Granger, but be thankful I'm not here to share them with you so shut the fuck up." He snaps. "Parker...please. I need to talk to you."

He won't leave me alone unless I let him talk to me. He's relentless.

"Okay." I quietly say and Hermione scoffs. "It's fine. Don't worry."