chapter 63.

Parker stays for another hour or so after calming down. We play a game of chess and she loses every single match and blames me for cheating. We bicker for a little but that's nothing new and after arguing we make out for fifteens minutes, if not longer.

"See you tomorrow." She kisses my cheek and offers me a smile, which I don't return but I hardly ever do. "I'm glad you're okay."

"If my cause of death was because of a Bludger not only would I come back as a ghost but I would be worse than Peeves." I reply and she laughs.

"Alright, I love you.." Her mouth stays open as we both fall silent and after a minute she clears her throat. Her cheeks are as red as a tomato and she looks as if she wants to die.

"I love you too." I respond, "but not for another three weeks. Your rule, Parker, your rule."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." She rolls her eyes and I smirk. "Bye."

I give her a slight wave and cross my arms as I watch her walk away. Once she's out of sight, I close the door and sit on my bed. Blaise should be back by now, unless he's gone to go see Jen...that's if they're still together but he might be trying out a new seeker for the house right now.

Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle are also at Qudditch practice and Parker has just left.

Broom.

I need to write to my parents and ask them for a broom.

I rummage around my drawers for a piece of parchment but there's none in there. I tut and search around in Blaise's drawers for parchment as well. I don't find any and I decide to give up.

I'm actually tired.

I check the time and it's only six but being around Parker sucks the energy out of me, in a good way. I could be in a bad mood, which I am ninety percent of the time, but if Parker comes around my mood is lightened and I always feel wide awake and energetic.

She's a bulb of light.

When she's around, I'm in a brighter mood than I previously was I'm energetic, nicer...ish and always running off adrenaline.

But when that light bulb is taken away, I'm in a darker mood and I'm tired, cranky...ish and no longer running off adrenaline.

Being stuck in the hospital wing also sucks the energy out of you but not in a good way. The only source of entertainment was watching Madam Promfery tend to other students and they were mostly first years who did a spell wrong and accidentally dyed their hair the wrong colour or burnt it off. There was a Hufflepuff boy who tried to do lumos and poked himself in the eye, causing him to say the wrong thing and his hair grew to the floor and it dragged behind him like a veil.

It was very funny.

His name was Corey Smith and he was in later the same day for making himself grow another arm. He tried talking to me about Quidditch but I was high on medicine and didn't want to talk to him so I ignored him. He seemed okay though, even though he's a Hufflepuff.

***

When I open my eyes, my head is rested on my pillow but I'm still dressed in my robes. The room isn't empty anymore. Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise are scattered about the room and they're having a loud conversation about the new seeker.

Apparently she's good.

"Who is it?" I yawn, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "And what time is it?"

"It's eleven, you missed the feast." Crabbe announces and I groan but then I remember that I'm actually not hungry. "She's great-