chapter 73.

• DRACO'S POV •

I start my potion by adding two drops of Lethe River water to my cauldron and then I wait for it to heat for twenty seconds.

While waiting, I flick some water onto Pansy who slaps my arm so I add five Valerian Sprigs to her cauldron when she's not looking.

Once my water had finished boiling I add the correct amount of Valerian Sprigs - which is two - and I write the mixture three times, clockwise, before pulling my wand out of my pocket and waving it.

I walk around the classroom with Blaise while we wait 45-60 minutes for the potion to brew and I go visit Parker once Blaise decides he wants to go check on his potion. She's already moved on from leaving it to brew and I stand next to her, silently, as she adds two measures of standard ingredients to the mortar.

Her and Granger are hardly looking at the book, it seems as if they're going from memory. "Four of the mistletoe berries to the mortar." I read aloud for her as she finishes adding the measures and she smiles as a thank you. "Crush them into a powder."

"What type?" She asks, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Medium-fine, using the pestle." I answer and I cross my arms as I stand back and watch her do it. "This is your favourite potion, isn't it?" Her cheeks flush pink and she nods her head with a sweet smile on her lips.

After standing with Parker for an hour and watching her create her potion, I go back to making mine and finish it off with a wave of my wand.

Once everyone else has finished creating their potions, Slughorn looks around to decide who brewed it best and he almost passes out at the sight of Neville's. Instead of it being an airy grey, it's brown. "I don't think I brewed it right, Professor." He sheepishly says and Slughorn pats the boy on his shoulder.

After looking at everyone's potions, he announces that he has a prize for the man/lady who brewed it best. "This is a muggle sweet I won at a game of bingo last week in the Leaky Cauldron. It's a coco cola flavoured lollipop! How fascinating is that?" He practically squeals and I screw my hands into fists to prevent myself from clawing my eyes out. "The winner is...Miss Parker!"

Granger begins the round of applause and Slughorn smiles before joining her along with everyone else. "Ten points for Gryffindor!" He rewards and Parker smiles. The man passes her the lollipop and she seems to already know exactly what it is because she doesn't look at it like it's made of gold like Ron.

After Potions, it's flying, and we play a non-serious Quidditch match for the full tour hours of lesson. Care of magical creatures is after break and we're back with that stupid tall, grey chicken. It's actually a Hippogriff, technically speaking, but I still hate it for breaking my arm.

This time, we're not actually touching the stupid animal. Instead we're learning about its habitat and what it needs to survive. Hagrid explains how to tame one and how he takes care of it, which no one seems to really care about except Parker, her friends and Lizzy.

After two hours of being in the presence of the tall donkey, I'm more than done with lessons for the day but we still have DATDA with Snape and Transfiguration with McGonagall.

In Defence Against The Dark Arts we learn how to use the Imperio curse, which is a spell used to make your enemy turn into companion. We cannot try it but Snape makes us right every single wand movement down.

In Transfiguration, Parker and I finish the practical work straight away and end up having to do written work as revision. Instead, I force her to play noughts and crosses with me and she reluctantly obliges. She actually beats me every time and rubs it in my face every chance she gets and I hold back my laughter so we don't get in trouble.

I sneakily kiss her every time McGonagall's back is turned and the girl quietly giggles every time I pull away.

"That was a good day." I comment to Blaise as we enter the Slytherin common room.

"No it wasn't. We had potions." The boy reminds and I cock my head to the side. I used to like potions when Snape was the teacher but since we had Slughorn, it feels more like a free lesson but today was actually fun.

"Yeah it was good." I shrug, unlocking his and I's dorms and he hums. "What?"

"Did that have anything to do with the fact that you were all over Parker?" He questions and I roll my eyes even though he's right. The highlight of my day is always when she comes over and today: Lizzy told me Parker's joining us to revise after the feast and I saw her in every lesson except DATDA.

It's been a very good day.

"I bet Lizzy was screaming inside." The brunette laughs and I laugh along with him.

"She was talking to me about that yesterday." I begin, taking off my robes and leaving them on my bed, "I told her I love Bella and she goes 'Are you telling yourself that or me'?"

"The fuck?" He reacts and I nod my head. "How has she not gotten the message by now?"

"I don't fucking know." I groan, running my hands down my face. "She apologised to Parker today, though, so I don't understand why she was trying persuade me to get with her yesterday but then say that shit to Parker."

"What? You think she's up to something?" Blaise questions and I shrug. "What could she be up to?"

"I don't know. I think she's just weird." I quip and he laughs. "She actually had me thinking yesterday, I'm not going to lie."

"Malfoy!" Blaise scolds and I nod my head. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you doing this?"

"I don't know!" I defend, "I think I was still loopy from what Madam Hooch gave me because as soon as I woke up today I was fine. I wasn't questioning anything."

"Do you like Lizzy?" He asks and I shake my head. "Be honest."

"I don't." I shrug once more, "Yeah she's pretty but have you seen Parker? And, not to mention, I didn't fight for the relationship to then throw it away for some annoying thirsty bitch who won't leave me alone."

"Good. You were such a dickhead when you and Parker broke up." He admits and I roll my eyes. "You can't even deny it, you were the worst."

"I wasn't that bad." I defend and he scoffs.

"You threatened to break my arm for bringing you some water." He recalls, laughing, and I roll my eyes. "You even got your wand out to do it, if I didn't tip the water over you and leave the room before you could process then you would have broken my arm."

"It's not my fault you weren't leaving me alone- I was tired." I say and I smile at the memory of threatening him.