chapter 27.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

"Come on. We need to move before Filch catches us." Malfoy states instead of answering my question. I nod my head and tuck loose strands of hair behind my ear and trail behind him as he walks down some steps.

I was hoping that he would kiss me but instead of doing it, he's changed the subject and moving.

I follow behind him as he opens a wooden door on the long corridor and he enters. I hesitate before following him inside and it's a dark cupboard. He grabs his wand out of his pocket and mutters a spell under his breath and a big beam of light shines out of the tip of his wand. "Is that what you do when you skip lesson? Hide out in a cupboard?" I question, closing the door.

"No. I usually walk around but I know you won't want to get in trouble so we'll hide out and talk." The blonde decides and I look at the small space surrounding us. The floor looks relatively clean except from a few cardboard boxes and there are spiderwebs on the roof but no spiders in sight. I kick one of the boxes out of the way and sit down where it previously was.

"Why do you skip lesson?" I question as he sits across from me; placing his wand on the floor next to him.

"Because they're boring. I don't need to be in some of them too, especially now. I know all of this first year shit. There's no need for me to relearn it." He answers and I nod my head. There is a valid reason for him to relearn it but I won't argue.

"Why did you want me to skip lesson with you?" I question and he chuckles.

"Curiosity killed the cat." The blonde recites, referring to my amount questions and I smile.

"Well it was a pretty dumb cat." I shrug and he smirks. "Answer my question."

"So persistent." He comments and I nod my head. "You wanted to know what we were yesterday."

"I recall." I quip.

"And I said we were nothing, which pissed you off." The boy reminds and I stay silent as he continues. "Now I can say you're the girl I skip my lessons with."

Is this boy serious?

I wait to see if he's going to laugh but he doesn't so I chew the inside of my cheek again. I wasn't expecting him to say I'm his girlfriend but 'the girl I skip lessons with' is so stupid and meaningless. "Why do you do that?" I question.

"Do what?" The blonde replies and I huff. "Why are you pissed?"

"Why can't you just give me a straight answer, Malfoy? I told you I liked you and that hasn't changed and what did you tell me? That 'since you kissed me you can't stop thinking about me' but I want to know do you like me?" I say, trying my hardest to stay determined.

I want to have the power but he can easily turn me to putty in his hands and I'd forget all about my argument. "Is it not obvious?" He asks and I roll my eyes even though I want to smile.

"Say it, Malfoy." I demand and he rolls his eyes at me and runs his hand through his hair. Why can't he say it? "Say it or I'm leaving."

"Why does it matter?" He asks and I raise my hands in defeat.

I am begging that he says it...he doesn't.

I press my hands on the stone floor and push myself to stand up and open the door. "Stop being so fucking difficult." Malfoy complains, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back inside of the small cupboard; making my back hit the wall. "I like you, okay?" I bite the inside of my cheek to myself from smiling and he closes the door. "You're so annoying."

"Yeah but you like that, don't you?" I retaliate and he smirks before pressing his lips against mine. I kiss him harder and his grip on my wrist tightens. Butterflies flutter in my stomach and I accidentally bite on his lip, earning a groan from him. The familiar taste of mint sets my body aflame and he presses his chest against mine. His tongue moves with my own as he kisses me harder and I accidentally bite down on his lip. "Answer m-

"Shut the fuck up." The blonde interrupts before smashing his lips against mine once more. He lets go of my wrist and grips onto my waist. Heat spreads all through my body at the touch of his fingertips on my skin and I adore this feeling. He presses his chest against mine and moves his fingers up to my face and he cups my cheek in his hands.

"A little eager aren't you?" I tease and he rests his forehead against mine and closes his eyes, which causes me to laugh. "Am I pi-

"If you want me to ask you out then you're going to have to shut up when I kiss you." The boy informs and I smile before moving away from him and leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

"I don't want you to ask me out." I deny and he rolls his eyes, "do you like me?"

"I answered your question already." He reminds and I nod my head. I know he did but I want to revel in it to torture him.

"I didn't hear you, you caught me off guard with your kissing." I lie and he scoffs. I smile an innocent smile and he smacks his lips together.

"Parker..." He begins and I continue smiling and nod my head. "I will fuck the shit out of you until you cannot walk if you continue being a pain in the ass."

I open my mouth to reply but every word from the dictionary has tumbled out of my head, leaving me speechless.

I can feel heat rising to my cheeks, which is weird because I have never been so appealed to the idea of being intimate with someone but right now it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

"Why so silent, quippy?" He taunts and I tuck my hair behind my ears.

"Do you like me?" I repeat, laughing and Malfoy smiles.

• DRACO'S POV •

Her laugh is cute. It's an enjoyable sound and infectious, which is why I'm smiling like I'm whipped even though I'm not.

Parker is a dangerous woman.

She tests my limits and will forever do that yet something about her pulls me in like a mouse after cheese. I would never in a million years admit that I like someone...to be honest I haven't before and Parker is the first girl. I haven't always liked her of course but now it seems crazy to me that I didn't.

I won't actually do the shit I say to her unless she tells me she wants me to but she doesn't know that.

"Right now? No." I answer and she rolls her eyes but continues smiling.

I don't really know how far I want this thing with her to go. I know that I don't want it to end but I also don't want it to be forever, I feel like we'd end up killing each other at the end of it and I'm a different person when I'm around her. I don't really like him to be honest but I do enjoy spending time with her. I enjoy it a lot.

Too much shit has happened for me to tell her that whatever we are is over because I know she's in too deep. You can't pull someone out of the pool when they have sandbags tied to their feet.

She tucks her hair behind her ears once more and stops smiling. "You have a nice smile." The brunette compliments and I watch as her cheeks flush pink; she didn't mean to say that.

I've analysed her pretty well so far.

When her cheeks turn pink:
she's embarrassed.

When she tucks her hair behind her ear:
she's either nervous or doesn't know what to do

When she pulls her bottom lip in between her teeth:
she's confused, nervous or anxious

When she rolls her eyes:
she's either annoyed or happy or she's joking around

That's all I've noticed so far and she does those things a lot. If Pansy or Blaise knew that I'd realised these things I would never hear the end of it. "Oh do I?" I choose to taunt her and she rolls her eyes.

She's joking.