chapter 23.

• DRACO'S POV •

Quidditch practice was easy. I flew around in circles for a little while until the Snitch was released and then I actually had to do something.

Blaise and I walk to the feast together, after we finish getting changed, and sit down with our friends at the Slytherin table. I have half a mind to see if Parker's in here yet but I also don't really care.

I take a sip of water and listen to my friends rambling on about some stupid Halloween party. I would usually care but it's a Hogwarts Halloween party; there'll be no alcohol, no crude music and people I don't like will be there. To me it sounds like torture but my friends love partying so they seem excited about it.

Throughout the feast, Blaise tries to sneakily ask me about Parker but every time he does I pretend I don't hear him or I just switch the subject. I know that I won't be able to do that when it's just the two of us but I'll use this time to come up with insults to throw at him so he stops.

At the end of the feast, I walk to the common room and decide to attempt to revise. I grab a Transfiguration book and open it on the first page. None of this is interesting to me. I'm going to fail these exams. Today has been staggeringly long and the words on the pages are disappearing as soon as I look at them.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

I am beyond confused and don't know how I'm feeling. I want to laugh; I don't want to be in a fight with my friends but I can't go back to them. I know that as soon as I go back they will jump at the opportunity to lecture me about how stupid I am and how much of a horrible person I am.

I gently tap on the solid black door and it takes a few seconds before someone opens it. A small first year opens the door and I look down at him. "Who are you?" He questions and instead of answering his question I stay silent. "Who are you looking for?" He has a rude mouth but gorgeous curly brown hair. His eyes are a light blue, a contrast to his hair colour and his attitude.

"Is Malfoy in here?" I question and the first year shrugs. "Uhm..." Someone touches the young boy's shoulder and he walks away. Blaise stands where the rude boy previously was and I look up at him. "Is-

"Yes. Come in." Blaise interrupts, smirking. I want to ask him why he's looking at me like that but my cheeks begin burning once I remember that he caught Malfoy and I kissing so I decide against it.

I follow Blaise into the boys' dormitory and Draco is sat in the corner of the room with a book in front of him. Instead of reading, like one usually does when they have a book in front of them, his arms are crossed over the top of it and his head lays on top of them. His eyes are closed and his mouth hangs open slightly and the only movement is his body rising and falling as he breaths. "Oh." Slips out of my mouth and Blaise kisses his teeth.

"Wake him. He'll be pissed if he wakes up with his neck aching cause he slept on a book." Blaise advises and I shake my head. "Why not?"

"I don't want to anger him." I answer honestly and Blaise looks at me like I'm absurd.

"Just do it. He won't hurt you...maybe." The brunette quips and I scoff. "If I do it he'll kill me and if you don't do it he'll kill me. Either way I die." I laugh and tuck my hair behind my ears. Blaise nods in this blonde's direction and I sigh before walking over to the table.

I sit down across from Malfoy and tap his arm. He doesn't wake. "Malfoy." I whisper, shaking his arm. The blonde groans and opens one eye. He looks at me and I notice the confusion flash in his face. "Good morning."

"What are you doing here?" He questions, sitting up straight and running his hands down his face. My confidence immediately decreases, he doesn't sound happy to see me.

"Uhm...I came to talk to you but you're asleep. Don't you think you should be sleeping in your bed?" I recommend and he smirks.

"Why? Are you going to be in there?" The boy teases and I bite my cheek to stop myself from smiling. "Personally I think you should be."

"Alright stop flirting with me and come on." I agree and his smirk grows. I want to tell him to stop but I also know that I actually don't want him to. Draco stands up and leaves the book on the table before making his way to his and Blaise's dorm. I follow behind him and lock the door as he grabs a pair of black sweats to sleep in.

I turn around before he can say anything and I hear him chuckle. I stop myself from asking him what he's laughing at and instead I just patiently wait for him to finish.

His fingertips brush against the side of my neck and my breath gets hitched in my throat. I can feel his body radiating it's warmth onto the back of mine as Malfoy trails his fingertips from my neck down to the sleeves of my robes. His hair tickles my jaw and his warm breath sends goosebumps down my spine. "Here." He says, bringing his mouth up to my ear. I chew the inside of my cheek again and look down as he holds out a black shirt for me to take. I didn't actually have plans to sleep here tonight but now I don't want to leave.

"Turn around then." I manage to say and he plants a kiss on my ear, causing my body to wake up. I lean into him and he places his hands on my hips while kissing my jaw. His broad chest and his structured hands keep me in place while I try my hardest to not melt to the floor.

• DRACO'S POV •

I push her hair to one side and I can hear her quiet yet heavy breathing as I brush her neck with my lips. She leans into me even more and I nip at her skin, causing a whimper to escape her mouth.

That sound.

I was tired when she woke me up but as soon as I touched her, my tiredness slipped away and now I feel more awake than ever. I just wish she wasn't wearing her robes right now...or these stupid tights. If I felt that she was the type of girl I'd rip these tights off of her and fuck her blind but I know she's not.

"Nowhere is safe." Blaise voices and Parker jumps away from me. I close my eyes for a second and try my hardest not to beat the shit out of him.

"You have the worst timing in the fucking world." I complain. Blaise smirks and I glance at Parker, who's face is redder than I've ever seen it. "What do you want?"

"To go to places without you two being there and on the verge of conceiving a child." Blaise sarcastically replies and Parker tucks her hair behind her ears. "For people who clearly want to keep this...whatever this is a secret, you guys sure as hell love kissing everywhere."

"Nothing's going on, we're nothing just leave." I clarify and Parker snaps her head to look at me. Blaise snickers and shakes his head before exiting our dorm room. "Alright. I'll turn around so you can get changed."

"I'm not staying." Parker says and I raise an eyebrow. Before I can even ask her why she's changed her mind she answers the question for me, "we're nothing?"

For fuck sake.

"Well...yeah." I quip and she exhales in disbelief. All we've done is kiss, just because she's not in a relationship anymore doesn't mean I want to be her boyfriend.

"So what-what are you doing?" She asks and I just stare at her. What is she talking about?

"I'm going to need you to elaborate." I reply and she rolls her eyes at me. I can't say I'm pleased that she's gone back to hating me in a matter of seconds but I do find it quite comforting.

"You can't just...kiss me and want me to stay with you and touch me like that and then tell me we're nothing." She responds.

Why the hell can't I? I've done it before, not to her but to other girls and it's worked. Why does she have to be so difficult? It's one of the things I hate about her.

"I never asked to be your boyfriend, Parker. Nor do I want to." I clarify and she looks at me with an expression I've never seen before. I know she's pissed and she looks it but there's something else. I don't like it.

Why is she looking at me like that?