chapter 85.

***

"Hey, I have to tell you something." I announce as the blonde enters the room again after washing his hands.

"Go on." He quips, closing and locking his door.

"Uhm..." I begin. I have a feeling like I shouldn't tell him but I've already started now, "You know Blaise..."

"Heard of him." Draco chuckles, sitting down on his bed. "But what about him? He died?"

"No, not yet." I shrug and the boy raises an eyebrow and laughs. "I'm trying to tell you something."

"I'm listening." He defends.

"Okay well, Blaise, he...he was...." I stammer and Malfoy pulls his lips into a thin line. "I don't really know how to say this."

"Then don't." He says, "No one's forcing you. You don't have to say it if you don't want to."

He's not realising the severity of what I'm trying to say. They're supposed to be best friends, Malfoy is the closest with Blaise than he is with everyone else and it's despicable that Blaise tried what he did.

"It's important." I inform and the boy nods his head. "Blaise wanted to kiss me." The blonde blankly stares at me for a few seconds, probably planning Blaise's death in his head, and I nervously play with my fingers. "Please don't be mad at me."

Suddenly, Draco bursts out laughing and I cross my arms.

What
The
Heck

"Uh..." I mumble and the boy runs his hand down his face before he stops laughing. "Why was that so funny? It happened!"

"Yeah I know." He nods and I tilt my head to the side. "I told him to."

Excuse me?

"What?" I react and the boy nods his head once more. "Are you...insane?! Why would you do that? Was it some test for my loyalty?"

"No." He shakes his head and scratches the back of his neck. "I wanted to give you the choice, I wanted you to know there was someone else for you who could treat you better than I could and after seeing you break down in front of me the night before I knew there was someone like that and I needed you to know that too."

"But I..." I trail off and scoff, "I told you! I told you that I wanted to be with you so why go ahead and do that?"

"Because I care about you and I never want to see you like that again and I can't one hundred percent promise you that I won't cause you to cry like that again." He defends and I throw my hands in the air dramatically. "Don't be pissed-

"Don't be pissed?" I argue, "You made your best friends throw a pass at me when I told you what I wanted! I can make decisions for myself, Draco, I don't need you to make them for me!"

"I wasn't making them for you, I was...giving you the decision." He corrects and I roll my eyes. "Maybe it was a little extreme-

"Maybe?" I mock, "Are you serious? I don't need you to do that for me, Malfoy, I know what decisions I have and I've made them! If you're serious about actually doings things right this time then you need to realise I'm not a baby, I don't need you to hold my hand and push me to go play on the swings! So don't act like my father because you're supposed to be my boyfriend. Cedric and I literally argued for this same reason, why do you guys think I'm incapable of doing things for myself?"

"Woah- Cedric stopped you from talking to people, I was doing this in your best interest." Draco defends and I scoff. "And don't use your ex against me. Cedric was insecure asshole who always wanted a fucking reason to fight me, I was trying to do something good."

"And do you really think that he wasn't 'trying to do something good'?" I question and Malfoy's jaw tenses. "I'm glad I'm pissing you off."

"Don't be smart with me." He warns and I sneer. "I don't give a fuck about Cedric's intentions we're talking about mine and maybe I didn't go about it the right away and I could have just asked you but I didn't want you to feel obligated to tell me what I want to hear."

"Again, that's my choice." I comment and he pushes his cheek out with his tongue. "I wasn't comfortable with any of it, do you not realise that?"

"I didn't mean for that." He says and I roll my eyes. "My intentions were good, Parker-

"And that's all that matters?" I interrupt and he huffs.

"Essentially, yes." He replies and I look at him as if he's crazy, which he is.

"And you yelled at me!" I remind, "Remember that? You blamed me when you had it all set up!"

"It had to seem real." He shrugs and I bite my tongue to keep myself from screaming. "I don't want to argue with you, Parker, I'm tired and I just want to go to sleep with my girlfriend."

"So you can't even apologise for blaming me, making me uncomfortable or acting like my father? Great." I scoff and he inhales deeply.

"I am sorry for all of it." The boy says and I tut. "Everything."

"I'm kind of tired of hearing you apologise." I comment and he raises his hands beside his head and groans.

"You just..." He stops himself and tuts, "Whatever. What do you want to do, Parker? Are you going to continue reprimanding me or are you gonna kiss me and all is forgiven?"

"None of the above." I shrug, "As if I'm going to kiss you, now."

"Well you had your hands around me the morning after you broke down, don't act like you have high standards." He says and I furrow my brows.

"That's not fair." I mutter and he cocks his head to the side.

"What's not fair is you still being pissed after I apologised." The blonde corrects and I shake my head.

"Okay but there was no need to shame me like that." I defend and confusion flashes across his face.

"I wasn't...I didn't mean to make it seem like that. I was just...I'm sorry." He stammers and I pull my bottom lip in between my teeth.

"What would you have done if I kissed him?" I ask and Draco pushes his cheek out with his tongue again. "Answer me. What would you have done if I kissed Blaise and maybe taken it a step further?"

"...what?" He quietly asks and I stand in between his legs.

"What? You wouldn't like it?" I question, "You wouldn't like the fact that I'd let your own best friend touch me in ways only you have?"

"You wouldn't-

"But what if I did?" I ask and the blonde pulls his bottom lip in between his teeth. "Don't do that. Answer my question." He stays silent and inhales deeply. "Do you need me to explain?"

"I'd rather you didn't-

"We're outside the common room." I interrupt, just to piss him off. "And he admits that he was going to kiss me before you walked in and then instead of rejecting him, I pull him in by his tie and kiss him before asking him if he'll fuck me. What do you think he'd say?"

Silence.

I chuckle and wrap my arms around Draco's neck, "See, I think he'd say yes. Not be cocky or anything." I reply and Malfoy's hands touch my hips. "You might have branded me as yours on my neck but where do you think he'd do it?"

The blonde holds onto me tighter and pulls me closer towards him.