chapter 43.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

Once I get back to the common room, Harry is sat in front of the fireplace with Melanie next to him. I bite my tongue to stop myself from gasping and I walk to the two of them with a smile on my face. "Hey guys."
I slowly say and the two look at me. "What's going on..."

"We were just talking." Harry shrugs and I raise an eyebrow.

"Hey Bella." Melanie sweetly says and I smile at her.
I have no problem with her for going on the date with Malfoy. At the time I wanted to claw her eyes out but now I don't care, it's history. "I've seen you hanging around with Malfoy."

"Yeah..yeah, uhm.." I trail off not really knowing what to say.

"Hey no hard feelings, right?" She questions and I nod my head. "I mean it wasn't that long ago but...I don't know. You guys seem like you're having a lot of fun and I don't want to to come in between that."

"Of course not. It feels like it was years ago to be honest." I say, forcing a laugh and she chuckles. "Anyway, I'm gonna go get ready for the feast you two have fun."

Harry nods his head and gives me a small smile but I know he actually wants to kill me.

• DRACO'S POV •

"I'm telling you, Melanie is going to tell her." Blaise continues as we swiftly enter the great hall for the feast. "Trust me- she's a girl and they don't even have to be friends to tell another girl that they hooked up with someone."

"There's no reason for her to tell Parker." I shrug, sitting down roughly in the same space that my friends and I sit every day. "Listen, just shut up about it. I don't want her running back to Dig-

"Shush!" Blaise interrupts and I turn to see why he's so frantic. Parker is walking into the hall with her friends and I roll my eyes. She's all the way over there, is he stupid?

"It's not like she can hear me you idiot." I quip and he kisses his teeth. "Do you think she'd end things..if I told her?"

"Probably." Blaise shrugs before laughing and I roll my eyes. "She's gonna question shit and then break up with you but in a day or two she'll come back. Or if we are taking last night into account then she'll come back in an hour."

"Shut up." I complain and he laughs once more. "I didn't cheat on her...technically so she can't be mad-

"Except she will be." Blaise interrupts. "No hate to females, I love them, but that shit upsets them too much. Parker wasn't emotionally...available to anyone else except you but obviously it's completely different with you."

"Stop calling me out." I joke and he laughs again. "I'll tell her-

"Not yet." Blaise says and I scoff. "Hear me out. You need to show her you actually care first, because you told her you love her and then I'm guessing you argued because...well...it's you two. If you tell her now you're just going to fuck everything up."

"You were the one who was telling me to tell her." I remind as Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle sit down.

"I changed my mind." The boy shrugs and I tut. "Hey guys."

"Pansy did I call you a slut?" I ask and Crabbe laughs. The girl nods her head and I seethe, "sorry."

"Whatever." She shrugs and I know she's actually not bothered. "So you want to tell Parker about you and Melanie?"

"Yes now change the topic." I order and Blaise rolls his eyes.

I can't talk about this all day.

I'm going to start feeling like shit and I know that I should but I didn't cheat on Parker, I owed no loyalty to her but I know it's going to hurt her...a lot. Maybe the timing was horrendous for me to tell her that I love her but I thought it would be best for me to tell her straight away; as soon as I realised it.

I love her, I do but at the time I didn't...or maybe I did- fuck I don't know but I wasn't certain. I am now and I don't want to lose her.

I really don't want to lose her.

Our relationship has changed drastically over a week but I'm alright with that. As long as she doesn't expect me to marry her tomorrow, everything is okay.

• ISABELLA'S POV •

"You bloody what?" Ron asks and we all laugh.

"You didn't know?" I question and he shakes his head.

"I told you ages ago! You have to do two Transfiguration papers and two charms papers." Hermione repeats and Ron huffs.

"I can't even pass one, never mind two." Harry quips and Ron chuckles and nods. He must agree and Hermione doesn't seem shocked but she does seem disappointed.

"Bella can I talk to you?" I turn around and surprisingly see Melanie. She seems shaken up and it's weird that she's come to me, we're not enemies but we're not friends...we're friendly.

"Yeah of course." I answer and I gift my friends a small smile before following the brunette outside of the hall. "Is...everything okay?"

"I...I know I said 'no hard feelings' and I still believe that but I need to ask you, are you sure you're okay after what happened?" She questions and I cross my arms; furrowing my brows.

"It was just a date, I'm alright with that. I was with Cedric at the time, anyway." I shrug and her eyebrow twitches. She clears her throat and shakes her head. "...am I missing something?"

"I don't know." She breathes and I nervously laugh. "I'm not talking about the date, Bella...I'm talking about when we slept together."

My heart sinks.

"You...what? When was this?" I question and she inhales shakily. It seems like she thought that I already knew.

"Uh...two days ago." The brunette replies and a sound between a scoff and a sigh escapes my lips. "I'm so sorry, Bella. I didn't know you guys were together, I- trust me I didn't know. I wouldn't have done it. I only found out yesterday when I saw you guys in the courtyard and you looked close."