chapter 89.

After Quidditch practice Blaise, Pansy and I interrupt Transfiguration by walking in an hour late. Everyone turns to look at us but the tabby grey cat on the wooden desk at the front of the classroom bats no eye to us.

I take my seat next to Parker who is sat writing and I peer over her shoulder to see what she's doing.

The work...obviously.

"What are we doing?" I whisper in her ear and she turns to look at me. She pushes the parchment towards me and I read it again. Different wand movements for certain spells and the actual spells. "...Am I supposed to know what that means?"

She rolls her eyes.

"We're revising." The girl whispers, quieter than I previously was, and it's a miracle that I hear her.

"Yes but...just let me copy off you." I decide and she looks as if she could pass out. The brunette shakes her head and pulls her parchment in front of her so I can no longer see it. "What? So as your boyfriend I don't get a free pass?"

"Shush! Just write." The girl scolds, her voice still quiet as a whisper. She dips her quill in ink and I grab the pot as she removes the tip. She glances at what I'm doing before looking back down and beginning to write again.

"What would you do if I..." I whisper, beginning to tip the pot of ink so it slowly slips along the sides until it reaches the brim and begins to drip onto the desk.

"Stop!" The girl complains, snatching the pot from me and slamming it onto the desk again. A few people turn to look at us and I cover my mouth with my sleeve to hid my smirk meanwhile Parker's cheeks turn red.

"So that's what you'd do." I chuckle and the girl glares at me before moving away from me in her seat until she physically cannot move anymore. "Like that'll stop me."

"Go away." She whispers and I laugh. More people turn to look at us and the tabby cat is no longer on the desk. Instead, Professor McGonagall appears at Parker's side and we both look at her.

"If you continue to disrupt this classroom, Mr Malfoy, then I'll have no choice but to remove more than one hundred points from Slytherin. Everyone is revising and does not need you to distract them, including Miss Parker. Is that clear?"

Parker looks at me with a smile on her face and I bite my tongue before looking back at Professor McGonagall. "Yes, Professor." I answer and before I can say anything else, she slams a fresh piece of parchment in front of me and looks at me with a strict expression on her face, telling me to work. With that, she swiftly turns around and returns to her desk.

"Maybe me moving won't stop you but she sure will." Parker taunts, her voice as a whisper and I stick my cheek out with my tongue. I grab my quill from my pocket and dip it into some ink before writing my name on the parchment.

"Guess what happened at Quidditch practice." I begin and the girl looks at me, pretending to dip her quill in some more ink so Professor McGonagall doesn't tell us off.

"Tell." She smiles, pulling my parchment towards her and beginning to write. I watch as she tries to match the writing to my name, making the 'A's the same along with every other letter to make it all match.

"Lizzy fucking smacked a bludger at me." I inform and the girl grimaces. "She may or may not be pissed."

"Good for her." Parker shrugs and I cock my head to the side. "Are you trying to make me jealous...because a girl being violent towards you isn't doing that."

"I said nothing about jealousy." I defend, raising my hands behind my head meanwhile a smirk grows across my face. She rolls her eyes once more and shakes her head. "Although...maybe its a little bit worrying that you're jealous over a girl interacting with me."

"I'm not jealous." The girl snaps and I continue smirking. "Shut up-stop smiling, I'm being serious."

"I know you are." I nod and she rolls her eyes. "I just want to piss you off."

"Well it's working." She glares and I smile. She pushes my parchment towards me and it's now full of spells.

"Thank you." I whisper, planting a small kiss on her cheek so McGonagall doesn't look at us and scold me once more. "I got you something."

She looks at me.

The girl stays silent and slightly narrows her eyes and slowly starts smiling. "What?" She asks and I nod my head. "You...well, what did you get me?"

"I got you two things actually." I confirm and her eyes narrow even more. "Don't worry I'm not trying to buy your love, I already have it." She rolls her eyes but does not stop smiling.

"What two things did you get me?" She questions, her voice still quiet along with mine. "Best not have been some sexual toys."

"Bloody hell." I laugh quietly and shake my head. "No. As if I could ask my mother to get something like that."

"So technically your mother got it for me." She corrects and I skeptically hum. "Well two things, your mother got me two things."

"No." I reply and she cocks her head to the side. "I asked her to buy them, sure, but I told her what to buy."

"I'm just teasing you." She giggles, quietly, and I roll my eyes. "Tell me what you got, I'm an impatient person."

"Then you're gonna be pissed." I quip and she tuts. "I got you a bracelet and something else but I can't tell you yet."

"Why can't you tell me?" She asks and I smile. "What?"

"I'll give it to you on our date." I plan and she grins. "But...in the meantime..." I reach in my robe pocket and pull out a black velvety box. I give it to the girl sat next to me and she opens it with a bright smile on her face. Inside the box is a small red cushion with a silver bracelet placed on top of it.

"Is this real silver?" She asks, more in a shocking type of tone than a snobby one. I nod my head and she gasps slightly before disguising it as a cough. "Wow. Thank you." Her smile begins to fade and instead she frowns.

"What's wrong? Do you prefer gold?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Then...diamond?"

"It's not the bracelet." She says, "I just...I didn't get you anything. You gave me a ring and now a bracelet and I've given you nothing."

"You've given more chances than you should have. That amounts to the cost of the bracelet." I reassure and she offers me a sad smile. "And I'm supposed to treat you like a princess, I'm starting way too late but I'm trying."

"I love you." The girl whispers, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

"I love you too." I whisper back, "It's a good thing I gave this to you here."

"Oh yeah?" She asks and I nod my head. "Why?"

"Because if we were in my room then I'd be fucking you right now." I say quietly and her cheeks flush pink meanwhile she smiles and shakes her head. "Put the bracelet on." The girl sits up properly and places the box on the table before grabbing the jewellery.

It slithers out of the box like water running down a tap and the girl slides it on her wrist. It's a little big so I pull my wand from my pocket and flick it at the bracelet which immediately shrinks to the correct size.

It looks perfect on her. 

"It's beautiful." Parker comments, grinning from ear to ear. "Thank you."