chapter 21.

Without another word, the blonde turns around and walks away. "You don't get to do this shit and walk away!" Cedric argues and Draco sticks up his middle finger as he continues to walk which only aggravates Cedric more. The brunette runs at the boy, who seems to hear the quick and heavy pattering of feet on the stone floor, and he turns back around.

"Can you leave me alone?" The blonde shouts, pushing Cedric. "She's not your fucking girlfriend anymore, if I want her then I can have her and you can't do shit about that."

"She was my girlfriend when you made out with her, clearly her relationship status doesn't affect your decisions anyway." Cedric replies and Malfoy rolls his eyes.

"Do you want an apology? If you're expecting one you're not going to get it. Just get over it." Malfoy advises and Cedric scoffs.

"Bella you cheated on me for this disrespectful piece of shit who has treated you like absolute rubbish for the past seven years? Are you serious?" Cedric yells and Malfoy rolls his eyes again.

"It's no surprise." He quips.

"Can you just shut up?" Harry snaps and Malfoy holds his hands up in defence. It's obvious the blonde is trying to lighten the situation but I don't understand why. Why is he trying to make this funny? Nothing about this situation is funny?

"I was great to you. And you threw it all away for him?" Cedric questions and I don't even know what to say. Nothing I am saying is helping him and he's not listening to me when I say it.

"It's not my fault that your girlfriend wants to be mine." Malfoy defends and Cedric sucks on his cheek.

"Stop making it worse." I scold and the blonde smirks before holding his hands up beside his head. I bite my tongue to stop myself from smiling and I look back at Cedric. "Cedric what do you want me to say? I apologised, I gave you reasoning, I apologised again and again, and again. There's physically nothing for me to do! I know I hurt you and I'm sorry but...it wasn't enough for me."

"And this idiot is? He's enough?" Cedric questions and I hesitate. I didn't mean it like that. Cedric had everything but he doesn't made me feel the way Malfoy makes me feel. My body doesn't react in the same way. Cedric feels like a comfort blanket for me but Malfoy makes me feel like I'm grown up...if that makes sense. "What does this guy have that I don't?"

"Do you mean other than the obvious answer of the fact that I am more attractive?" Malfoy jokes and Hermione covers her mouth to stop herself from even chuckling.

"No." Cedric answers through gritted teeth. "How is he better? What does he have that I don't?"

I can't answer that question I'll sound like a lunatic.

"Cedric I beg you, stop." I begin and he rolls his eyes. "We broke up. You broke up with me, your mind was made and you can't yell at me like I'm still your girlfriend. I know you love me and I love you too but you have to stop. There is no answer to the question that you're asking me. What happened has happened and I can't change it. I'm so sorry for hurting you and ruining our relationship but there's nothing I can do anymore to help you to accept it."

"I think you should go." Hermione recommends, glancing back at Malfoy who rolls his eyes and stands still. "Now."

"Am I supposed to listen to what you're saying? Because frankly, Granger, I don't give a shit about what you're telling me to do or what you think I should do." The blonde snaps and Hermione puts her hands on her hips and huffs.

"Can you actually stop being so disrespectful?" I argue, turning to look at the boy who just insulted my friend. "You were being nice before, what changed? You didn't have to stay here to hear all of this you could have left so don't take your annoyance out on my friends when it's your fault you're here in the first place." 

"I wasn't being nice before." He quips.

He has such an attitude.

I don't even bother arguing with him, I roll my eyes and cross my arms. Cedric scoffs and shrugs, "fuck this then." The brunette curses before walking away from everyone.

I cover my face with my hands and try my hardest not to collapse onto the floor. I'm not upset but I feel drained from that argument. I understand that I've made very bad decisions but I cannot change them now and I have apologised countless times to Cedric. "So...are you two dating now?" Harry curiously asks and I remove my hands from my face and cross my arms.

"No." The blonde and I chorus at the same time.

"Do you...I don't know, like each other?" Ron questions and Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Of course they do." She states and Ron shrugs. I don't know if I like Draco or not. We have fun when it's just the two of us but I also hate the way he treats my friends. I also know that my friends shouldn't be dictators over my relationship and I love the way Malfoy makes me feel. Maybe I need to be selfish and get closer to him but I just can't do it.

It's wrong for me to do that to Cedric.

"If they did they'd probably be dating-

"Can you stop talking about us like we're not here?" Draco snaps, interrupting Harry. The brunette rolls his eyes but nods his head forward and the others nod and they walk away, leaving Draco and I alone.

I sit down on the step and look down at the floor. I'm not expecting anything from him but what I am expecting is for him to at least say something. He has something to say for everything. "Well that was fun." The blonde voices and I chuckle.

"Certainly." I agree, sarcastically and he sits next to me on the step. "I didn't know we'd cause that big of a commotion."

"You should have. You should know by now that I love the attention." He jokes and I smile. Two minutes ago, we were yelling...not at each other but yelling and now we're joking and laughing together.

"Thank you for sticking up for me." I quip and he rolls his eyes and grimaces.

"I'm kidding." He chuckles and I smile once again. Part of me wants to cuss him out for speaking to Hermione the way that he did but I am too tired to even do so. I was tired when I went to the library and I'm even more exhausted now. "Do you like me?"

I'm too tired to answer that question.

"I hate you." I honestly answer and I look at him to see if he reacts in any way. He doesn't. "But...I also can't stop thinking about you and hoping that you're thinking about me too."

He says and does nothing. He doesn't look at me or move, he doesn't even blink.