chapter 70.

• DRACO'S POV •

The feast is alright.

The food is amazing, but that never changes...except for that one time when it was Halloween and we found a rock in one of the pies - I think Hagrid told everyone he made some rock sandwiches.

Elizabeth sits beside me with small cuts on her face and every time I look at her I have to hold in my laughter, along with Blaise.

I still can't believe Parker slapped her.

It was well deserved and if Parker didn't slap her then I think I would have lost my mind. She also seemed to have knocked some sense into her - Elizabeth is not throwing herself at me anymore, in fact she's hardly speaking to me.

No complaints there.

"I'll sue her." Lizzy decides as she sips some sparkling water and I roll my eyes. "In the muggle world, I could probably get a hundred pounds with a lawsuit."

"Okay calm down." I snap, "all she did was slap you stop being so dramatic."

"She could have given me an infection." The girl replies, referring to the cuts on her cheek, and Blaise laughs as he pops a chopped piece of carrot into his mouth.

"I wish she did, maybe it would shut you up." I comment, pouring gravy onto my roast. "Besides you asked for it. I don't know what you were expecting."

"God- all I did was say she wasn't fun." Lizzy defends and Blaise furrows his brows as if he disagrees. "She seems it, the type of person to suck the life out of the party."

"Do you want matching scratches on the other side of your cheek because if you don't, I suggest you keep your mouth shut." I threaten and she rolls her eyes at me but doesn't say another word.

"Apologies, whatever." She replies in a monotone voice. "I just think she could learn to take a joke-

"And I just think that you should shut up." I interrupt before she can piss me off even more. She needs to get over this because I'm bored of it already and I knew Parker was over it by the time she left my common room.

"Malfoy don't be mad." Pansy begins and I look at her. She's staring at my hand. "Your parents' ring. You've lost it."

I look at my hand and back up at Pansy and Blaise cocks his head to the side. "You had it when we were playing-

"I gave it to Parker, I didn't lose it." I clarify and Pansy's uneasy expression disappears and instead is replaced by a confused one but Blaise stares at me like I'm insane. "...what?"

"Why?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"Thought you liked her, 'she's alright'. What happened to that?" I question and Pansy clears her throat before drinking some water.

"I do, she's nice, but aren't your parents going to, I don't know, kill you?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders, causing him to scoff. "I always liked that ring."

"Great. I'll go get it off Parker and propose to you." I reply and he rolls his eyes at my sarcasm. "Not a big deal, I still wouldn't have given it to you-

"Then why does she get it?" Goyle chimes and I roll my eyes.

"Are you guys twelve?" I question and Lizzy chuckles. "And why on earth would I give it to any of you?"

"Hello? We're better than you just giving it away-

"I didn't 'just give it away' I gave it to my girlfriend." I interrupt and Pansy squeezes her lips together due to my interruption.