Chapter Thirteen: Miracles Happen

Hello Readers:
I hope you're ready for that big surprise that I promised you guys last chapter, because I know that I sure am. Can't wait for you guys to find out what it is. And if you want to find out, then read ahead and enjoy. Thanks again for reading.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

February 8, 2019 – San Juan, Puerto Rico (9 AM)
They ended up choosing someone local, someone that was easy to travel to for their doctor's appointments if they had bad news; a doctor who would understand that, even though Gabby did have this life threatening condition...that they still want to start a family with her being the one who gets pregnant. And thankfully, they did find somebody in the past 5 weeks since you last saw our favorite couple. They found a wonderful pair of doctors; their names are Dr. Jose Gutierrez and Dr. Valentina Gutierrez, a husband-and-wife set of doctors. And that was why they chose the pair, a husband-and-wife team that could help them through the hardest time in their lives. And let's just say that the hardest times are still ahead. With Gabby now being 9 weeks pregnant with their first child, Matt and Gabby were getting even more nervous as that meant that the end of the first trimester was coming to an end; and it was also getting close to the time where things could start getting riskier. Today's appointment? Well, today is the first one that they are even having with their specialist doctors.

After recently calling (again) yesterday to see if they could get in to see the doctors, the couple learned that they were on a waiting list. But, what waiting list exists for currently pregnant women with aneurysms? None. Let's just say that the doctors were both quite embarrassed yesterday when they learned that, rather than being put the emergency list (for women who have aneurysms AND are pregnant at the moment); Gabby was placed on a list for women who have aneurysms, and WANT to start a family by getting pregnant (e.g. they aren't pregnant yet). So, due to the fact that Gabby was placed on the wrong list, they have been waiting longer than expected. And the truth was, Matt was mad about that. No, not just mad. He was furious that a receptionist could make a huge mistake like that when they are dealing with life or death, his wife's life. And right now, he was ready to talk to her, if she was still working there. He just didn't tell Gabby that part, the part where she was on the wrong waiting list. He didn't need that stress on her when she's carrying their child, the child they want to meet.

And he also wants her to have the healthiest of pregnancies as possible; which means that she doesn't have as much stress, and it means that he may need to hide some things from her. Luckily, Matt didn't have to do that alone; and he got the go ahead to do that from his and Gabby's newest neighbor, her mother. Yes, he is living with his mother-in-law, which is something he actually likes much more than having to live with his father-in-law. She is so nice, and very helpful; and even better, she's someone that he can talk to things like this about. And to say that she was not happy when she found out what happened was an understatement, he basically had to beg her to let him take care of talking to the doctors as Gabby's husband rather than have her join them at the appointment; which she can do another time. But right now, as this is the first appointment for the couple; they wanted to go alone so that he could talk to the woman who delayed this process, and so that they could meet with their doctors alone. Yes, both of the doctors are going to be helping Gabby through this.

The reason? The couple that they are going to see are not both OB/GYNs, rather only Valentina is an OB/GYN. Meanwhile, Jose is a neurosurgeon/delivery specialist for women with aneurysms. So, that's going to be nice, being the only man who has to see up his wife's body. But still, he can't wait to see all the news that they are going to have today. Little did Matt know, that the news that they were going to get today was some that they are going to enjoy a lot; his wife as well of course. Speaking of his wife, Gabby was currently holding his hand as she was nervous. She was nervous that something might have changed since she last saw a doctor for her pregnancy; and it wasn't even a doctor that specializes in high risk pregnancies, rather it was just a doctor who confirmed that she was pregnant in the first place. This was the first chance for the wife to even see their child, see that they've grown a lot; and that was something she wanted to heart, the heartbeat.