Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pregnancy Rules

Hi Readers:
Sorry for the 24-hour skip, but I just didn't know how to write the date. So, I'm picking up with the afternoon after their date. And let's just say that I believe that you're going to love this day. Thanks again for reading. Now, enjoy readers!
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sunday, February 10, 2019 – 1 pm:
Pregnancy Rule N03: Going on an adventure shortly after your pregnant wife just had breakfast isn't a good idea.
That was a lesson that Matt had to learn the hard way, when he got thrown up on shortly after him and Gabby got out of the kayak. Turns out that Gabby either had (1) a bit too much food before they went kayaking, or (2) that she just shouldn't have gone whatsoever. And now, she was sick and just didn't feel like herself; and that was all Matt's fault. He was the one who was so interested in going kayaking, that he didn't think about whether Gabby could really do it. But now he knows, his 9 week pregnant (with twins) wife could not handle the waves that come from kayaking. And the guilt that came from what he was feeling was something that he was going to have to deal with for a while; especially right now as he gets ready to take care of his wife in bed. Carrying a cup of tea for his wife, Matt made his way upstairs to their room this afternoon.

Walking in quietly, Matt wasn't sure whether she was going to be awake; or whether she was going to be asleep in bed. It turns out that it was the former, as she was still wife awake and watching TV this afternoon; she was actually probably waiting for him to come up with the tea that he just made for her this morning. Just looking at the woman he loves, Matt felt the same guilt that he had when he first saw that she was having nausea in his truck; the truck that he was going to have to clean now. (Which leads me to Pregnancy Rule N04: If your girl throws up in your car, then suck it up and clean it later; she's pregnant with your kid after all). So, that's what Matt's going to do. He's going to suck it up and clean it up later. Right now, Matt's jut going to follow Pregnancy Rule N02: Treat your girl with kindness, and make sure that she takes it easy for the rest of the day. So, that's just what he plans on doing right now when he gives her the tea he made for her.

The tea that he learned to make from her mom, tea that calms her stomach down and makes sure that she feels better. God, he really hopes that this works. Him giving Gabby this tea might make her stomach better, and that's all he can hope. Looking at his beautiful wife as she sat down in bed, Matt could see that she felt guilty about what happened. "Hey, don't you dare feel that way." Gabby looked up at Matt when he said that. "What are you talking about?" Matt just smiled at her as he walked up to his wife, sitting down on her side of the bed before putting her tea on her side table. "Don't you dare feel guilty over what you did." Gabby sighed as she looked up into Matt's eyes. Meanwhile, Matt went to grab her hand and stroked her hand. "Hey, you can take a breath and just relax; take it easy baby and remember that I'm here for you." Gabby sighed. "I was the one who pushed to go there. You didn't want to go." Matt shook his head when Gabby said that.

He then went ahead and followed Pregnancy Rule G01: If your wife feels guilty during the pregnancy, take the blame so that she can relax for the sake of the baby. (Or, in their case; the babies, as they are having twins.) Looking up at her loving husband, Gabby smiled as she just stared into his eyes. Afterwards, Matt proceeded to lean in and kissed the woman he loves. "I love you." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that. "I love you too, and I'm glad that we still had that fun." Matt agreed with Gabby when she said that, smiling as he was happy about it too. "However, maybe not while you're pregnant next time." Gabby laughed and agreed with Matt when he told her that. Afterwards, Matt leaned in and proceeded to kiss her softly. Just taking things nice and slow with his wife, Matt smirked as he is very happy over the fact that he loves her so much. "What do you say you let me get in bed? I can hold you in my arms and just make you feel better." Gabby agreed.