Dream Chapter Seventeen

What did you think of how Sylvie got fired at the firehouse? Well, I hope you enjoyed it. Now, it's time for Matt and Gabby to enjoy some time with the rest of their friends that they have here at the firehouse; enjoy the story my dear readers.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dream Chapter Seventeen: Best Friend Magic
Day One – Part Three: Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The couple both smiled as they (finally) made their way out of Matt's old office so that they could spend some time with their friends here in the common room, which was also where their beautiful twin boys were currently sitting. And from the moment Andy saw his dad, he wanted to be held by him rather than his uncle Kelly (whom the dad totally expected to be holding, as Andy is the namesake of their late best friend). "Yeah, you want to get away from your stinky uncle Kelly and come cuddle up to daddy, don't you Andy?" Kelly then turned his head, scoffing as he looked up at his former Captain. "So, you're really going to steal our late best friend's namesake away from me?" Mat then bent down and reached for his son. "Yep." Matt then went to pick Andy up and smiled as he held him up. "Hi buddy, yeah. You want to be bad in daddy's arms. Don't you buddy?" Matt then brought his son close to him before kissing his cheek softly. Looking at her husband as he did that, Gabby couldn't help but smile as she also saw Herrmann holding Gabriel. "I can only assume you taught them?"

Herrmann then looked up at the former paramedic, agreeing with her. "Oh definitely, I made sure that their heads were supported." Matt then turned his head and looked at his best friend, going to grab the blanket from his shoulder. Afterwards, he put it on his shoulder and just smiled as he cuddled up to his son. "Yeah, how about you come sit down with Gabby? Then, we can talk to everybody as you lay down on daddy's chest?" Matt then proceeded to walk away to the chair that he always sat in. "Hey, Gallo right?" Gallo then looked up at the former Captain. "Yes, you are..." Matt smiled. "Former Captain Matthew Casey, Truck 81." Gallo agreed with the former Captain and smiled. "Blake Gallo, Candidate." Matt agreed and then went ahead to sit down in the seat. Afterwards, Lieutenant Jason Pelham spoke up. "Gallo, Captain Casey is to be treated as if he is the current Captain of the firehouse; is that understood?" Gallo then turned to look at his Lieutenant. "Of course, Lieutenant." Matt just laughed and smiled as he proceeded to sit down before taking a breath.

"So, uhm...Stella." Stella then turned to look at Matt. "What's up?" Matt then sighed as he turned around to look at everybody else. "How's he compared to Otis? By the way, how are you doing Cruz?" Cruz smiled when Casey asked him how he's doing. "Much better, thanks for asking." Gabby then looked at Matt and smiled as she proceeded to rub Gabriel's back, stroking it as she kissed the side of his head; really happy that they are both holding their twin boys. "Now, how are you guys? From what Kelly and Stella have been telling us, the boys sleeping schedule is still off." Gabby groaned. "Tell me about it. I was hoping to get right back into working out, and then back into the field after I had the kids. But no, these little boys are still making me stay home." Gabby then leaned back and looked down at Gabriel. "Yeah, you're making mommy stay home rather than letting mommy go back to work like she wants to." Matt snickered when Gabby said that. "Hey Gabby, you need to eat anything?" Gabby smiled when her husband asked her that. "Cruz, go make me those!"

Cruz smirked. "You want some empanadas!" Gabby agreed. "Yes please! Also, I want the dirt on that fiancé of yours! We're here for a week, and we're going to be at Molly's tomorrow night. I want to meet her!" Herrmann then spoke up. "Good, then you guys can work some shifts." Gabby then turned to look at Herrmann when he said that. "Excuse me?" Matt agreed. "Excuse me too?" Herrmann nodded. "You still own it, you work it." Gabby then pointed to her son. "Uhm, I have other things to do...like my job." Herrmann laughed. "Aren't you just here for Thanksgiving?" Gabby then turned to look at Matt. "Baby, can you get those?" Kelly then looked at the couple. "Stay still, I got them and already looked at them." Boden then came out and smiled. "And Matt already spoke to me about this ahead of time just to let you all know, so if you want to go...then you are already cleared to take the shift off so that you can go to the event." Gabby smiled, loving the sound of that. "Thanks chief." Boden agreed with Gabby when she said that; glad that she was happy this afternoon.